Apple stock hits record high on iTunes-Google rumor

2»

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 32
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,326member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacGregor

    Which means they may be looking for someone else.



    It's certainly possible. Investment in a phone service has been mentioned, as has Cable.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by New

    Are you serious? Think about how many people use google everyday. If everybody who do a music related search gets a link to ITMS, it could translate into an incredible number of sales.



    I'm sure it wouldn't hurt. But it seems to me that it would only by a small number of people who 1) wouldn't otherwise know about or use the iTMS, 2) instead use google to search for music, and 3) as a result of their google search, install, create an account, and buy something with iTMS.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Good move for Google. I do find some music hard to find in iTunes.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

    Originally posted by melgross

    No. Apple hit a high of $144 or so late '90's. It split then. The market drop killed it. Then the dropping sales brought it down more. It was as little as $13 or so several yeard ago. I bought it back at $16.90 a couple of years ago or so. It went to close to 80 and split.







    I think it got to a high of about $90.60 prior to the split(17th Feb2005). This means that anything more than $45.30 is in positive teritory.



    It all adds to a shiny halo...
  • Reply 25 of 32
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,326member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by orange whip

    I think it got to a high of about $90.60 prior to the split(17th Feb2005). This means that anything more than $45.30 is in positive teritory.



    It all adds to a shiny halo...




    The day it split it closed at $44.86 ($89.72).



    It was several points below that when it was announced.



    It closed at$87.18 ($43.90) on the 17th.



    It's in positive territory as long as it's higher than you bought it for. It doesn't matter what it was when it split, or what its high was.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member




    The .com bubble was at ~$150 prior to two splits, ie, $35 by current reckoning.



    Yes, we're 25% above the 'insane highs' of the .com days. Nice, eh? Not many other companies can claim that kind of rebound.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,326member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Kickaha





    The .com bubble was at ~$150 prior to two splits, ie, $35 by current reckoning.



    Yes, we're 25% above the 'insane highs' of the .com days. Nice, eh? Not many other companies can claim that kind of rebound.




    Yeah, I had the stock big time in the '90's. I got rid of it when it went down about 15%. Good thing. I made so much back then with all the stocks it was amazing.



    I finally bought it back in January 2004.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by OS X Guy

    Is it a record high...? I thought AAPL was around $150 before they split with in the last year and a half... That would make it $75 per share now...



    the yahoo chart is all 'split-adjusted' now.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=AAPL...=on&z=m&q=l&c=



    so on a 'split-adjusted' basis AAPL is trading at an all-time high
  • Reply 29 of 32
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,326member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by sunilraman

    the yahoo chart is all 'split-adjusted' now.

    http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=AAPL...=on&z=m&q=l&c=



    so on a 'split-adjusted' basis AAPL is trading at an all-time high




    This will be their highest sales year ever. They reached a previous hight of almost $12.5 billion in 1995, until Michael "you don't have to be a visionary to run Apple" Spindler almost destroyed the company in the '95 holiday season.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    how come whenever, in the history of appleinsider, they report that apple stocks are on the rise, they fall within a day?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,326member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by i-am-an-elf

    how come whenever, in the history of appleinsider, they report that apple stocks are on the rise, they fall within a day?



    Because that's what happens. It's like "Red Light, Green Light".



    You look at the moving averages not one days price. If the market wasn't plunging today it might have gone higher. Or if this Google deal was true, and they announced it; it would have gone higher.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050818-5219.html



    Google is on a tear. Even though the iTMS doesn't necessarily need a lot of help, I think it's in Apple's best interest to form a partnership with them.
Sign In or Register to comment.