Latest Mac OS X Security Update breaks 64-bit application support

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Well, since 1.1...my WIDGETS no longer work. I had to remove them and re-add them to get response.

wth?

update:

since the re-add of some of the widgets, now when i go to manage them, I have little (X) all over my screen when the widgets are in view....this is not good.

third update:

I even have freaky little dots show up when I bring up my widgets.

I'd attribute this to ram, but it happened RIGHT after my update to 1.1. I happened to look at my widgets prior to the update and reboot - no problems. Now, ick.

You can see the (x) in this pic, and some white and black specs if you look closely. More show in regular widget view mode.

dots:

• Reply 22 of 26
    well, after a reboot, the white and black dots are gone, but now I checked out my widgets and a bunch were auto added and it shows the manager. Note the text in the manager and how it doesn't relate to what is on the screen!

"Overflow text case"

"One more is four"

oh boy.

• Reply 23 of 26
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    dumb question, but did you restart?

edit:

okay. so the first problem was because that you didn't restart. the second problem above though... weird
  • Reply 24 of 26
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    dude, awesome widescreen though!!
  • Reply 25 of 26
    thanks, that's a mac mini with a dell 2005fpw widescreen 20.1"...cost all of $359 shipped new from dell. sweeeet deal. Not as pretty as the apple version but much more affordable.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    The question is whether Dell is losing money on every unit they sell. Apple's prices do have to come down though. They used to be cheaper than the competition in LCD displays. Now they are more. Sometimes several times more. The 20" should be under $600, the 23" under $900, and the 30" under $2,300.