Motorola and Apple strike deal with UK wireless carrier

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkDifferent

If Apple made a phone ALL BY THEMSELVES, without the help of motorola, then I would be much happier!

THe only thing I fear more than a Mot derivative is Apple doing it alone.

The mobile phone business is not at all like the MP3 player buisness four years ago. I have seen a lot of start ups trying to make their first phone and failing miserably both on the hardware and software side.

IF there is an Apple phone it will be just as much "Apple" as the HP iPod was "HP"!
  • Reply 22 of 22
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

THe only thing I fear more than a Mot derivative is Apple doing it alone.

The mobile phone business is not at all like the MP3 player buisness four years ago. I have seen a lot of start ups trying to make their first phone and failing miserably both on the hardware and software side.

IF there is an Apple phone it will be just as much "Apple" as the HP iPod was "HP"!

That's true, but Apple isn't a start-up. If they did their marketing and R&D properly, they might come up with something. Most people still don't want to do much more than make and take calls.

A simple well designed phone that made it easy to enter phone numbers and names might do well.