Rumors of special edition Madonna iPod abound

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Mary Kay Cosmetics has long been known for giving their salespeople pink Cadillacs after reaching a certain level. I doubt you saw a marketing ploy of the Olson twins.

It wasn't a Caddie, I would have recognized that. But it's a nice perk.
  • Reply 22 of 45
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Henriok

An iPod nano rimmed with lace

Finally some kind of Nano protection from Apple.
  • Reply 23 of 45
    Actually a Madonna vPod would be the best promo such a product would ever get. At least for us who remember the 80s.

Not because Madonna made anything I liked in the 80s but she is one of the video icons from the pre-assbreastdancealittleandfilltherestwithhandsignand sunglassesandnostoryline
  • Reply 24 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Mary Kay Cosmetics has long been known for giving their salespeople pink Cadillacs after reaching a certain level. I doubt you saw a marketing ploy of the Olson twins.

Well, I did what I always do when presented with this kind of situation.

I asked my wife.

She did what she always does in these situations.

She said I was wrong. It was a Caddie.

So, I could be wrong about thinking it was four letters in the second name as well.

I was sure bacause I read in AD Age last year that they and their company are doing these deals. The Mary Kay thing is new to me. Well, now we see why witnesses are wrong more than 40% of the time. We see what we expect to.

I rather liked the idea that a middle aged woman would be driving around in a car signed by 19 year old Mary Kate.
  • Reply 25 of 45
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    Yeah.. why not a vPod with _everything_ Madonna released! Music, videos, movies and books? I wonder how "Sex" would be like an audio book?
  • Reply 26 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by coxnvox

Wow, who could be next! Falco? The lead singer of Human League?

One can dream.

No... give us the Milli Vanilli iPod nano.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    henriokhenriok Posts: 537member
    Something like this (picture link)?

I really don't think so
  • Reply 28 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by kwsanders

No... give us the Milli Vanilli iPod nano.

Made by Creative?
  • Reply 29 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Henriok

Something like this (picture link)?

Wow. My new iPod stand.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    what I can't figure out, is with all these Madonna iPod rumours, nobody is mentioning the fact that she already had one. Do you really think they are going to come out with another one? Maybe they'll just paint original one pink and rerelease it.

http://www.macobserver.com/images/ne...adonnaipod.jpg
  • Reply 31 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by davebandito

what I can't figure out, is with all these Madonna iPod rumours, nobody is mentioning the fact that she already had one. Do you really think they are going to come out with another one? Maybe they'll just paint original one pink and rerelease it.

http://www.macobserver.com/images/ne...adonnaipod.jpg

Wow! Apple needs to update their website interface to look more Tigerish
  • Reply 32 of 45
    19841984 Posts: 955member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

Now that I think about it, a few weeks ago I saw a light pink car with a signature of Mary Olsen on the left rear trunk top. Don't remember the model. It was being driven by a middle aged woman.

As Jack Paar would say; "I kid you not!"

Classic!

The pink Cadillac is the top sales incentive for Mary Kay Cosmetics but they also have a pink Pontiac Grand Prix below that.
  • Reply 33 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlueDjinn

"preloaded with her entire music catalog."

Wow. At first glance, this sounds exactly like the U2 Edition iPod, but with one VERY interesting difference (assuming that it's true)--this time, the music would be PRELOADED on the iPod in question.

The original article stated that "like the U2 special edition it will come preloaded with her entire music catalog" so it's obviously an error on their part. They didn't realize the U2 special edition isn't preloaded with songs so this was just an incorrect assumption.
  • Reply 34 of 45
    One word. Why?
  • Reply 35 of 45
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    They should make a Jay-Z ipod, that'd sell well.
  • Reply 36 of 45
    Where is the Bay City Rollers special edition iPod?
  • Reply 37 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1984

Where is the Bay City Rollers special edition iPod?

Just look for the special Apple event that is going to take place on

S-A-T

T-U-R

T-U-R

Night

and

Day!
  • Reply 38 of 45
    This screams jumping-the-shark. it reminds me of the Claudia Schiffer Palm V, and we all know how well Palm did after that...

BTW, Falco is dead. He got hit by a car while crossing a street. Fortunately, that means there will be no Falco edition iPod.
  • Reply 39 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlueDjinn

"preloaded with her entire music catalog."

So, again, assuming that the pre-loaded music angle is correct, it sounds like this means any or all of the following will be announced:

--Apple has settled favorable with Apple Corp, and is now completely free to sell music any way they see fit with no legal challenges

--Madonna has, amazingly, agreed to include DRM-less copies of her ENTIRE LIBRARY to be included with the iPod; and/or

--Apple has arranged to allow for *official* 2-way music syncing between iPods and computers.

If any or all of the above three are correct, it would be a major piece of news, I would think.

or it won't be preloaded.

The U2 one was orginally thought to be pre-loaded as well until its release. I expect if they do this (which seems unlikely) they will do the same thing and offer $40(or so) off her back catalogue.
  • Reply 40 of 45
    If they announce this.. I hope everyone rushes the stage and beats Steve with their ipod nano earbuds. A good whipping might beat some sense into him.