in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Could this be it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    wow. i'd buy it.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    Black is the new black.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    I like it but the dvd player better be on the side lol....gotta have a built in dvd
  • Reply 4 of 39
    Black PB's already exist, although the color isn't applied by Apple...I'm going to go with nice, but I doubt that it's real...

Edit: http://www.colorwarepc.com/
  • Reply 5 of 39
    by the way, if this is a mock up then it is very well done, kudos, I am lusting after it, Great!
  • Reply 6 of 39
    gee i hope the real powerbook doesn't have all that banding in the gradient on the screen. also, where is the optical media drive?
  • Reply 7 of 39
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by admactanium

gee i hope the real powerbook doesn't have all that banding in the gradient on the screen. also, where is the optical media drive?

Yea like, what the heck? Didn't they ever hear of 16 bit editing? Duh!

Anyways, I would get one. I am in need of a newish laptop and I perfer something that doesn't say "look at me" all over.
  • Reply 8 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by admactanium

Apple product shots don't have gradients, because they all use a screen with an actual picture:

• Reply 9 of 39
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Oh god, I've been on these boards too long, I'm actually going to say:

Look at the kerning on the real image and how it allows the top phrase to s-t-r-e-t-c-h past the power book images. Now look at the black PB mockup.

Apple would never allow those words ("widescreen wonder") to appear so cramped, and end up sitting uncomfortably inside the the edges of the image.
  • Reply 10 of 39
    mhcmhc Posts: 5member
    Hrmm, now that I see a mockup version of an i/powerbook with an iSight, it does raise the issue of the fat bezel needed to accommodate the lens. I wonder if apple would beef up the bottom bezel as well, to balance it out and reinforce the widescreenness of the screen...
  • Reply 11 of 39
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    A glossy black powerbook would be a sexbox.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    It's the last piece of hardware you need to complete your Fembot
  • Reply 13 of 39
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Note to Apple: make this. An option between bare aluminum and black would be a very good thing.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    How thick is the lid on a powerbook? Now do you see why it won´t have a camera?
  • Reply 15 of 39
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    There are already laptops with cameras built into the lid.

It is not only possible, it's child's play from an engineering perspective.

Eventaully, all laptops will sport cameras in the same way that they all have built in speakers. Whether it makes sense for apple to release them now? That's another story.
  • Reply 16 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

There are already laptops with cameras built into the lid.

Sure. But I ask again, what is the thickness of those lids?
  • Reply 17 of 39
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Sure. But I ask again, what is the thickness of those lids?

The same as a powerbook.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by dfiler

The same as a powerbook.

Yes the lids has the same thickness as a powerbook. One inch

Please show me a laptop with a build in iSight quality camera and a lid thickness of 0.15-.2 inch and I´ll shut up
  • Reply 19 of 39
    that image is so fake looking! If they wanted to incorporate the iSight and keep the thickness down... it could pop up like a flash on a camera... or look at your phone if you have a video phone that lens is tiny....
  • Reply 20 of 39
    Teh sexy in Black.

If the BLACK iPods are anything to go by...I'd like to see Apple extending that choice to the rest of it's lap and desk top range...

Lemon Bon Bon