Apple displays ... 133dpi?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    No need to wait for Longhorn. Windows XP has font scaling way ahead of Apple, albeit rudimentarily... This is one feature that I really like about Windows that is sadly missing on my Macs...
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumsticks

No need to wait for Longhorn. Windows XP has font scaling way ahead of Apple, albeit rudimentarily... This is one feature that I really like about Windows that is sadly missing on my Macs...

This is braindead.

Independent Resolution is a PURE VECTOR UI.

Apple fonts are scalable as well. That's not what an Independent Resolution UI is targeting. It's all objects, on screen are SVG.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mdriftmeyer

This is braindead.

Apple fonts are scalable as well. That's not what an Independent Resolution UI is targeting. It's all objects, on screen are SVG.

I suspect Apple would go with a full 3d gui rendered on the fly with Quartz Extreme.

But that's just me.

- Xidius
  • Reply 24 of 25
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hobBIT

On that department Longhorn seems much more advanced.

Are you comparing an incomplete, off by default feature in 10.4 to a beta version of Longhorn? Let me know when you've had an opportunity to compare a beta of 10.5 to the beta of Longhorn. BTW, how is the Resolution independent GUI of XP?
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by mdriftmeyer

This is braindead.

It's true that Windows XP GUI is slightly more resolution independent than Mac OS X. There are more choices when you want to customize the windows/task bars/fonts.

But just like most people here, I am waiting for a full implementation.