Apple launches iTunes store in Australia

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    I'm loving the Music Store.

As soon as my wife got home she started buying singles she's been eyeing, she's hooked. I'd better prepare that second mortgage!

Before this she didn't bother to play with her iPod other than strapping it on for running or horse riding, tonight she actually asked how to use it and got to know how to sync tracks up to it.

Home run Apple.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Glamingo

Id buy tonnes of music.....if i had a credit card.

To quote myself:

Quote:

Oh and for those of you that don't have credit cards the Coles Myer chain is selling the music cards.

$20, $50 and $100 cards can be bought at almost any Coles Myer store, including Coles, Myer, Bi-Lo, K-Mart, Harris Technology and a bunch of others I forget. They have exclusive rights until at least the end of March. There you go, spend away.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

For all those Australians who have been complaining about lack of credit card.... I know that St George Bank/Bank SA offer a card called Multiaccess.

Have you managed to access web banking on St George?

Buggered if I can get it to work with OSX.
  • Reply 24 of 37
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Originally posted by melgross

Where do you live that the Aussie store works for you? I didn't think that Malaysistan was in Australia. Actually, I though it was something else entirely.

Malaysistan is the land below the wind, somewhere near the equator, where you pay $150 in local currency for a bottle of decent whisky (750ml) and $88 in local currency for DSL that sucks complete balls. On the other hand Malaysistan is always a good place to pick up Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, CoolerMaster, Samsung, Sony gear shipped in straight from Taiwan/China/Japan. Dell puts a nice little flyer in between your daily newspaper (The Star) every other day. A smattering of Apple shops can be found hidden in certain nooks and crannies of shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur. In colleges in this area however many a white headphone, usually of the Shuffle kind, can be spotted. AMD, Intel and Infeneon have a presence in the northern regions of Malaysistan.

I have been here for almost a year, before that I was living in Sydney for 1.5 years. Before Sydney I had $20,000 AUD in savings. A year and a half later, I was $6,400 AUD in debt. Now I am only $1,400 AUD in debt. I still have two credit card accounts with Aussie billing addresses which will expire in April next year. I have cut up teh physical cards though.

AMD: proudly assembled in Malaysistan

Ah ha, that's what I thought.

After you pay off your debt and get a bank account going again I hope you don't move back to Australia and lose it again.

I know that they invented the boomerang, but it's not supposed to be a person.
  • Reply 25 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by gastroboy

I never had any problems with it but then I haven't used it in 6 months.
  • Reply 26 of 37
    zoranszorans Posts: 187member
    Quote:

You MUST use Internet Explorer for it to work. Using it now but changing banks soon as this has always been a pet peeve.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by ZoranS

You MUST use Internet Explorer for it to work. Using it now but changing banks soon as this has always been a pet peeve.

Works fine with Safari 2.0.1 for me. Just went and tested it on my old account.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Quote:

The only way I can get it to work is to leave ie on my comp. The only time I fire up ie is when I want to do some internet banking
  • Reply 29 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by benjamin_r

YIP YAR JAM JAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF? haha.. that really made me burst. My parents think I'm on drugs now..
  • Reply 30 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Offspring

WTF? haha.. that really made me burst. My parents think I'm on drugs now..

Beer.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by iDunno

The only way I can get it to work is to leave ie on my comp. The only time I fire up ie is when I want to do some internet banking

I have tried IE and installed the necessary msj but still no luck. Does it start up in Classic? Because I don't have classic on my system.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    nope, no classic... but it has to be in panther... as the work machines here which have tiger on them don't seem to come with ie (is this a commonly known thing that I wasn't aware of?) preinstalled... and buggered if I am going to go to the trouble of actually installing it.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Download Opera, change its preferences to identify itself as IE, restart Opera and you should be all set.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Download Opera, change its preferences to identify itself as IE, restart Opera and you should be all set.

Thanks I'll give it a try.

This just another burden of being a Mac user. :-)
  • Reply 35 of 37
    Quote:

I use St George Internet banking all the time, have done since Jaguar,NEVER USE Internet Explore, always Safari.

The only problems i have had accessing St George was when I inadvertantly turned of some essential fonts when i was playing with Suitcase and Adobe fonts, think it was helvetica that comes with OS X but am not sure, once i turned back on the proper fonts, BINGO, no problems with anyones internet banking stuff

Bikerdude
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by bikerdude

I use St George Internet banking all the time, have done since Jaguar,NEVER USE Internet Explore, always Safari.

The only problems i have had accessing St George was when I inadvertantly turned of some essential fonts when i was playing with Suitcase and Adobe fonts, think it was helvetica that comes with OS X but am not sure, once i turned back on the proper fonts, BINGO, no problems with anyones internet banking stuff

Bikerdude

It's amazing how different the answers are. There doesn't seem to be any consistency.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    jimzipjimzip Posts: 446member
    Hooray!

I can't find the words to properly describe my jubilance!

But I've already spent $50 in the first day, so I guess that says something..

Nothing to complain about at all, except that Sony are bums.. That is all!

Back to browsing!

Jimzip