• Reply 21 of 26
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Look out Amazon.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Look out Amazon.

I recently added the video iPod to my arsenal of iPods and was curious about a few things:

1. Is the video ipod capable of holding and playing full length movies or was it not designed for that?

2. Will iTunes eventually add a movie selection to the store

3. When do you think Apple will add a larger variety of tv shows
  • Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cato988

I recently added the video iPod to my arsenal of iPods and was curious about a few things:

1. Is the video ipod capable of holding and playing full length movies or was it not designed for that?

1. Sure. Why not? You just need to find a way to get the content. Currently Apple (at least) is not selling full-length films in this format.

2. Probably.

3. Soon we would hope.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cato988

1. Yes. You need to get the movie somehow, divx/ xvid/ etc... then "export to iPod" via QuicktimePro7. voila.

2. & 3. Yes! Apple is working on this. Right now studios are turning green with envy because they see Walt Disney making money off digital downloads. More will follow when they smell the cash... and the massive losses due to bittorrent.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

1. Yes. You need to get the movie somehow, divx/ xvid/ etc... then "export to iPod" via QuicktimePro7. voila.

2. & 3. Yes! Apple is working on this. Right now studios are turning green with envy because they see Walt Disney making money off digital downloads. More will follow when they smell the cash... and the massive losses due to bittorrent.

Specifically I would expect to see some older, rarer shows pop up there. These are vaulted and unlikely to see DVD anytime soon.

They probably ought to put together a "album-like" deal...something like $19.99 or $24.99 for a whole season of episodes or $1.99 for the single.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

Specifically I would expect to see some older, rarer shows pop up there. These are vaulted and unlikely to see DVD anytime soon.

They probably ought to put together a "album-like" deal...something like $19.99 or $24.99 for a whole season of episodes or $1.99 for the single.

well.. remember that Wired article about digital video/ music/ film libraries? the idea is to open up as much as possible, as fast as possible, don't worry about making the content find people (marketing and promos), just make it easy for people to find the content.