can i burn dvd's on an ibook cd writer?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Who the fvck wants to burn 18 mintes of a dvd on to a cd anyways? That is a totaly stupid idea. And you people wonder why I think PC users are such bone heads. You know the genius that came up with this concept is a product of the windoze world. Ahh.. yes, Wimp Lo. Don't mind him - we trained him wrong as a joke.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by BRussell:

<strong>I know - just taking advantage of the fact that you brought your nuts into the discussion.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

• Reply 23 of 26
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Here's what they sell (apparently) that does this for PCs... No I don't believe this before anyone asks.

[quote]Why Spend upwards of $4000 on a DVD Burner when we will show you an alternative that will do the exact same thing for just a fraction of the cost?

You heard us right - for the price of just 1 DVD, we'll show you how to back up and/or create Your Own DVDs!

Just upgraded to a DVD and still have a ton of VHS tapes lying around? With this program, not only can you burn & copy any DVD you've created, you'll also be able to transfer all your VHS tapes to DVD as well!!

? \tStep-by-Step Manual that will walk you through the process of how to burn ANY DVD you create as well as how to convert ALL your VHS tapes over to DVD format!

? \tNo DVD Burner required

? \tAll you need is a computer with a CD-R or CD-RW drive, and a DVD drive installed (standard on most computers out today).

? \tInstant Downloadable Packet and step-by-step instructions (no waiting in the mail for product to arrive)

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 24 of 26
    tchiptchip Posts: 5member
    there are plenty of reasons you might want to burn an 18 minute DVD onto a (much cheaper) CD. Why not spend a fraction to distribute your project if it's a short training film or a how-to thingee or what not?

I have a brief project i'd like to burn on CD's rather than DVD's since the whole thing is only 3:31 seconds and when i DID burn a copy of it onto a DVD it only consumed about 450 megs.

can anyone tell me how to trick iDVD into writing DVD formated project onto a CD ? i think i have seen a workaround somewhere but i can't seem to locate it now.

thanks.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tchip

there are plenty of reasons you might want to burn an 18 minute DVD onto a (much cheaper) CD. Why not spend a fraction to distribute your project if it's a short training film or a how-to thingee or what not?

I have a brief project i'd like to burn on CD's rather than DVD's since the whole thing is only 3:31 seconds and when i DID burn a copy of it onto a DVD it only consumed about 450 megs.

can anyone tell me how to trick iDVD into writing DVD formated project onto a CD ? i think i have seen a workaround somewhere but i can't seem to locate it now.

thanks.

This thread is over 2 years old. Maybe you should start another one with you question?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Yes, please do. Thread "bumping" of this magnitude is considered poor etiquette and, furthermore, many of the original participants are long gone.