$70 desktop?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MajorMatt

Would the enclosure be a cereal box?

Preferably In my search I have found classic computers costing just above $200. But they come in generic enclosure and that fly against the idea of a "multifunctional programmable electronic box"
  • Reply 22 of 30
    check mini-itx.com

I'm not sure where to get ITX stuff anymore, but I remember it being extremely cheap.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

check mini-itx.com

I'm not sure where to get ITX stuff anymore, but I remember it being extremely cheap.

NOW we are talking

This is close. What OS´es can it do? The same as Intel? Is the PCI free or is it used for the HD? Are 802.11 card drivers dependend on the CPU or only the OS?Add the smallest HD possible, 256 mb ram, electricity and a 802.11 card and we are set. It will problable be over $200 but its halfway there...
  • Reply 24 of 30
    has anybody seen the person who put an entire computer in a Windows XP Pro box?
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Its my fault so I better make good.

I have moved the thread and merged the thread with the one I made in General Discussion. It belongs there but please contribute
  • Reply 26 of 30
    The ITX can run Windows and Linux and perhaps other nixes. There are different boards and chips that support different peripherals, but I'll leave that research to you.

newegg.com used to sell ITX gear REALLY cheap. I don't think they do anymore, but there has to be some wholesaler of ITX gear out there.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    ***WARNING: THIS JOKE CONTAINS BAD TASTE***

well, since i am technically living in a third world country at the moment, does that mean i get one of these $100 laptops or $70 desktops from one of you american or european type rich dudes? would it help if i was a child prostitute or something making nike shoes at the ol' factory when i am not turning tricks?(umm.. which i'm not)
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Technically, there are no third world countries; just First Tier and Second Tier. So no $70 desktop thingy for you
  • Reply 29 of 30
    Quote:

Don't believe popular media, but believe a complete stranger in a message board? Come on.

Why do you bother reading and replying if you don't trust people on this board?

Look at any publication actually put out by these peeps from MIT, and you'll understand... =)
  • Reply 30 of 30
    ^ 'cause it's funny.