How do you feel about your Ipod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
This is how I feel about my Ipod

Please tell me what u think of yours

Ps: Heres why it looks the way it does

APPLE inc. Wont replace my ipod and they wont let me get a extended warranty. I disconnected it once from a computer at school and the Ipod came up with a error that had a folder icon and a exclamation point over it., I tried all the troubleshooting steps on the web and the last step was to replace IPOD. Well I cant replace it unless I buy a new one. So out of pure frustration and rage I destroyed the shit out of it. I feel soo much beter now

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Here's the words you managed to consistently spell wrong:

"iPod"

"Apple"

"you"

"Here's"

"Won't"

"an"

"the"

"better".

Aside from that, your story is pretty retarded. No, of course you can't get extended warranty when your device is already broken. How would that work? Warranty is like an insurance; you can't call up an insurance company "my house is on fire, can I join you guys?" either.

So the hard drive broke. Well, that sucks, but you know, these things happen and you could have just had the hard drive replaced; maybe $50 parts cost and $100 labor cost. Had you done it yourself, subtract the labor cost, and there you go.
  • Reply 2 of 33
    Maybe I didnt explain myself enough

I broke this way after the Ipod people refused to replace it. Also I could give a shit how I spell. Im not here to impress. Im here to express
  • Reply 3 of 33
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MikeYork

Maybe I didnt explain myself enough

I broke this way after the Ipod people refused to replace it. Also I could give a shit how I spell. Im not here to impress. Im here to express

No one cares.
  • Reply 4 of 33
    As far as cost goes I shouldnt have to spend a dime not one

f*cking cent to replace my Ipod. Apple should stand by their product. My Sony Playstation 2 broke and it doesnt play dvd's or cd's or games and I contacted Sony. Within 15 minutes I had a shipping adress to send my product back and they were replacing it free of charge. I didnt have no warranty nothing. Also they didnt charge me one penny to replace it. Thats how service should be. Now I will continue to go to Sony for my electronic needs.

Apple Inc. didn't even try to help me out at all. The person on the phone said "Sir unfortunatley there is nothing I can do for you" I have to charge you $50 just to help you on troubleshoting for it.

How would u feel?
  • Reply 5 of 33
    m01ety,

Looks like you do :-)
  • Reply 6 of 33
    Quote:

Apple Inc. didn't even try to help me out at all. The person on the phone said "Sir unfortunatley there is nothing I can do for you" I have to charge you $50 just to help you on troubleshoting for it.

How would u feel?

Angry at myself for not buying a support option with the device? If you had gotten the iPod with AppleCare, things would have been different.

I certainly wouldn't have smashed the thing to a wall, thereby losing even more money. You could have at least sold it if you weren't willing to go through getting it repaired.
  • Reply 7 of 33
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

Angry at myself for not buying a support option with the device? If you had gotten the iPod with AppleCare, things would have been different.

I certainly wouldn't have smashed the thing to a wall, thereby losing even more money. You could have at least sold it if you weren't willing to go through getting it repaired.

That would require intelligence and an appreciation for monetary resources. Obviously, the character in question doesn't appreciate money, and will just have to ask daddy to buy him a new 'pod for Xmas.

I weep for the human race sometimes...
  • Reply 8 of 33
    Honestly I wanted to punch, hit something I was sooo mad I was overwelmed. I was a person that could do nothing about it. It was as if I was shit out of luck. No company should treat u that way. Espicially if they want your business in the future.

Overall I am very dissapointed in the Apple Inc. and how they handled the situation. I am never buying another product from them again. Unless they replace my Ipod free of charge!
  • Reply 9 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by m01ety

Obviously, the character in question doesn't appreciate money, and will just have to ask daddy to buy him a new 'pod for Xmas.

Good thing it's late November
  • Reply 10 of 33
    See thats what upsets me the most.

I worked hard for that money. Every cent I paid for myself. And I wont be asking my daddy for a new one. You dont know me so dont judge me.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    Quote:

Honestly I wanted to punch, hit something I was sooo mad I was overwelmed.

You bought a product with 1-year warranty and 90-day phone support. You could have bought it with 3 years of warranty. You opted not to.

Yes, I can see why you would be "overwhelmed". Obviously you were too "overwhelmed" to make a proper buying decision.

Quote:

I was a person that could do nothing about it.

Wrong. You could have asked around here for options, for instance. I named one: having someone replace the hard drive, or replacing it yourself. Before destroying the thing altogether, you could at least have considered that.

Quote:

I am never buying another product from them again.

I'm sure they are very unhappy to lose a customer like you.

Quote:

Unless they replace my Ipod free of charge!

Why would they replace a broken, intentionally harmed device with a new one, for free?
  • Reply 12 of 33
    Thanx for your input I see where you are coming from. From my stand point I thaught I was f*cked. I tried forums I tried all kinds of stuff to fix it. BUt I will admit I didnt do that on this site. I shouldnt have to buy a new hard drive. it should be replaced for free.

I do understand that I broke it intentionally. I might have screwed my self in the end. But Im glad I didnt hurt anyone in the process. Im glad I turned it into something artistic.
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Quote:

I shouldnt have to buy a new hard drive. it should be replaced for free.

Economy isn't about what "should be" or "shouldn't be". It's about what you agree upon, and you agreed that there would be no support beyond a certain timespan. Electronics die, it's a fact of life and it won't change. Sometimes they die far too early and sometimes they live much longer than anticipated.

Quote:

Im glad I turned it into something artistic.

Yes, you very nicely depicted your mindset.
  • Reply 14 of 33
    Yeah I couldnt agree with u more. Electronics do fail but a company as big as Applc Inc. Should stand by thier product like Sony does ect .

Thanx I actually posted it on a art website. I titled it "fit of rage" I never created artwork like this.
  • Reply 15 of 33
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Mike, I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with Apple, but your iPod was out of warranty. Your experience with Sony (fixing it even though it was out of warranty) is an oddity. You shouldn't expect that from every company but be pleasantly surprised if it's offered to you.

Let this be a lesson to get the extended warranty next time or be prepared to purchase a new model on ANYTHING you buy.

By the way: What is all the liquid in your picture? Last time I checked, iPods don't have blood, and even if there were liquid elements in it, surely it's not enough to make that much.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    I might note a few things.

1) Sony's customer care program has been rated lower than Apple's program for a long time.

2) Apple has one of the highest customer care ratings out of almost all online retailers, let alone computer retailers.

3) Your iPod was clearly out of warentee and replacing it would cause a loss to the company. They are not responsible for customers and their purchases, UNLESS otherwise declared so through warentee.

4) Apple indeed has replaced many products in the past there were out of warentee or blatently borken, and further more throughly replaced products inside warentee. Case in point:

a) One of my friends went into the Apple store to the genus bar for maintanance. His iPod was replaced (still under warentee), but then, immediatly he dropped the new iPod onto the floor of the Apple Store, leaving the iPod totaly recked and smashed. The Apple Representative replaced the product again, no questions asked, even through he had witnessed the dropping of the iPod.

b) A friend who had a 3G iPod, with 2-year extended warentee, had his iPod stop working for an unknown cause. It was sent to Apple, and when they could not fix it, they give him a brand new, 30 GB iPod, one of the new video ones.

c) Apple replaced an iPod that was out of warentee free of charge, for an equivilant model (3G)

5) If companies were responsible for everything that could go wrong with their product, or replaced everybodies iPods for free, the company, such as Apple, would not make money, causing prices to rise. Not good for buisness.

6) If you decided not to buy from Apple again, and your x y or z from company a b or c breaks, and the company fixes it, DO NOT BE SUPRISED.
  • Reply 17 of 33
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

SNIPE

You are an ID10T!

oyu shoulda went to the Apple store or a local shop that supports Macs and iPods...Worst comes to worst, they just copy the factory image back to the device (or send away to do it), you loose all data on it, but if you have half-a-brain, you have copies of everything on the computer.

Cant iPod updater do that too?

UPDATE...Just checked, ipod update reset would have fixed any software issue with a factory reset with a single click...dumbass
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Cosmo Nut,

Thanx for your kind words. I have learned my lesson. I also agree that every company wont be like Sony. But I sure wish Apple Inc. toos by their product as much as Sony does.

As far as the color on my image goes. That is acrylic and water colors. What I did was I glued all my broken Ipod pieces to a canvas and I started throwing paint all over it in a fit of rage. I had to let my anger out someway without harming anyone or myself in the process.
  • Reply 19 of 33
    A_greer ,

Thanx but everything u said doesn't mean shit to me. Its over why do people keep telling me what I could have done. its too late to do anything that u guys mention. Why dont u all take a look at the Topic Title How do u feel about your Ipod?

Thats what I want to know. How do u feel about your Ipod if u have one
  • Reply 20 of 33
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    To answer your question, Mike, I love my 4G 40GB iPod photo! I use it around the house when I'm cleaning and doing laundry. I use it in the car when I'm commuting here and there. I've recently discovered the joy of listening to podcasts over lunch during the work week.

I'm careful with my iPod. I keep the battery as fully charged as possible to put less stress on the battery -- thereby making it last longer. That means not leaving it in the car when it's unreasonably warm or cold outside. I keep it in it's Incase case at all times.

I don't have an extended warranty on it. I realize that, at any point, the hard drive could bite the dust and if/when it does I'll need to pay to get it fixed or just buy a new one. At this point, I'd be willing to buy a new one since I'm interested in having video capability...though I'm not going to just go out and buy one yet.

It's a great device, but I don't live with a fantasy that it is without flaws now or in the future.