Brokeback Mountain hooplah

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I'll stick my neck out here...

I keep hearing guys refer to this movie-- in passing conversation, on the news, on the radio. One conversation on the radio (Glenn Beck show) revolved around whether a guy would fool around with another guy for money and one guy's response was not unless it involved an eight figure pay off. To save your brain a moment of thought, that's at least ten million dollars.

Maybe I'm cheap, but...

So, I launch an informal poll and apologize if I am crossing into unwelcome territory. I really am just curious.

So, gay for pay? If so, what would it take?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Rick,

Er??

This is a decent forum!!
  • Reply 2 of 33
    ...uh...nevermind...?
  • Reply 3 of 33
    Some hold prudence as a virtue where others hold prudence as a girlfriend.

I found this thread on the penguin thread. You might ask the poster this thread:

Quote:

What amazes me is how the thermodynamics of a creature living on 'nothing' for going on three months at -40 C etc.

Why stop at mere men, when others are warming to penguins?
  • Reply 4 of 33
    It's the protests that get me. Such disgust, much from guys who fall all over themselves for girls gone wild.

Just wondering what's going on there. Don't infer anything just because someone asks a question.

Anyway, I prefer poultry.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    Protests??

Wow. That sounds very extreme, or maybe a bit more like reality t.v.....

Quote:

Anyway, I prefer poultry.

What sort of birds are you in to?

*don't answer that!*
  • Reply 6 of 33
    I can't tell you. It's too fowl.

badumpumb.
  • Reply 7 of 33
    Chicken!
  • Reply 8 of 33
    um... um...

Your father is a turkey and your mother is a cornish game hen!

So there!

• Reply 9 of 33
    Quote:

Your father is a turkey and your mother is a cornish game hen!

Then why wasn't I informed!! Social Services could at least have let me know. All this time, I've been masquerading as a human. I knew it. We is ducks!

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...0&pagenumber=8

Actually, no man knows his father except whom mother says it is......

Take a bow Rick! Although on this thread, that might be a dangerous thing.........

Have a good night
  • Reply 10 of 33
    Here you go Rick:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/

Check out his other stuff - I've only discovered what a great producer he is, albeit provocative especially in his own country. His Wedding Banquet Series, Eat Man Drink Woman are utterly humourous.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Depends on whether I'm getting fecked up the arse or not.
  • Reply 12 of 33
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    More like Bareback Mountain!
  • Reply 13 of 33
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I've got enough money, thankyouverymuch. There's not many things I'd do for money that I wouldn't do otherwise. Now, would I make out with a guy for an end to the Arab-Israeli conflict, that's a tough one.
  • Reply 14 of 33
    Quote:

Now, would I make out with a guy for an end to the Arab-Israeli conflict, that's a tough one.

That would really make President Bush happy. Gosh. Two happy men then - no beating around the bush there.

Alternatively, Ariel Sharon could possibly be attractive in traditional costume although I don't think he'll take to Ang Lee's satirical style. Global solutions for all on Apple Outsider Forums..
  • Reply 15 of 33
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    ...that's Mounting groverat
  • Reply 16 of 33
    For me it would depend on:

?the sum in question

?how broke I was

?the guy in question.

Let's be pragmatic. I'd consider second base, perhaps, with someone young and attractive before an old man with, say, bad teeth, a big belly, poor hygiene, or similar. Or if I had to pay for, say, a hip operation, or a new PowerBook, or something.

[Obligatory heterosexual disclaimer: I speak as someone with no personal physical experience in matters gay. And I don't think I could let anyone near my prostate, if you get my drift. Although all of a sudden I see the need for the Tension Relief Clinic.]
  • Reply 17 of 33
    I am perturbed that my last post seems to have finished this thread.
  • Reply 18 of 33
    Well I'm not gay, like that gay guy Hassan i [hump men] Sabbah, but I would do it for eight figures or maybe even mid sevens at least if we want to put it in terms of being the fucker rather than the fuckee. I'd be buying back decades of future time that would have to be spent working in exchange for one hour of bletch. It's worth it.
  • Reply 19 of 33
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah, being the "giver" rather than the "reciever" is a very important element of this.
  • Reply 20 of 33
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Yeah, being the "giver" rather than the "reciever" is a very important element of this.

I'd think that would depend heavily on which sex act you're talking about. I'd rather be the giver on one I can think of, but the receiver on another.

OK, with that post, I think this thread has officially jumped the shark.