Aperture update to improve image export quality

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bikertwin

Out of the left side of your mouth you say, "I want Aperture to succeed" but out of the right side of your mouth you spread this FUD crap.

Pure, 100%, unadulterated FUD.

The best way to spread FUD is to pose unanswerable questions. It's uncertain, so people can't fight the question.

FUD. FUD, FUD, FUD. Pure FUD.

Now, if we get back to reality, there are some interesting things here. It's clearly true that Aperture was rushed. I mean, where's the beautiful manual that products like FCP and DVD SP have?

But rather than FUD, maybe this is good news. Maybe Apple has a Universal Binary waiting in the wings, and they can't foist the manual and universal binary on unsuspecting consumers until they actually *announce* the Macintels in a few days.

Maybe Aperture 1.5 will be announced at MWSF? (OK, now I'm doing positive FUD, also known as "spin"! ) Maybe it'll be a universal binary, and a free manual will ship, too? Who knows?

But clearly Apple is putting a *lot* of effort into Aperture. They have to be, because this will turn into war with Adobe & Microsoft. Apple has to make it work.

If Apple weren't putting a *lot* of effort into Aperture, they would have just come out with a me-too product, like a Photoshop Elements clone or something like the lame new Microsoft graphics tools. Nothing innovative there. Compare that to loupes & light tables.

It can be difficult to know when something can be said without you responding this way. If you don't like what you read, fine. But don't claim that it is FUD.

You don't think out your positions very well, or deeply. If you want to be a fanboi, great, but then don't destroy a serious discussion with this silliness.

You seem to think that just because it is an Apple product, it has to be great. Well, maybe this will be - someday.

But Apple has a lot on its plate just now. Maybe you don't realise that.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

But Apple has a lot on its plate just now. Maybe you don't realise that.

And Adobe doesn't?

When will Adobe CS 3 come out?

Can Adobe deal with OS X 10.5 and Vista at the *same* time?

Will Adobe have enough resources to work on all their CS 3 apps and deal with these two new operating systems at the same time? What about the Intel transition?

What about the Macromedia integration? Isn't there a lot of internal reassignments and politicking?

Will Adobe have enough resources to deal with attacks on all their products by Microsoft (PDF, Flash, graphics apps)?

FUD can be slung both ways. (I don't normally "do" FUD, but these are just examples of how Adobe's future can be made to seem, well, uncertain or doubtful.)
  • Reply 63 of 65
    Quote:

And Adobe doesn't?

When will Adobe CS 3 come out?

Can Adobe deal with OS X 10.5 and Vista at the *same* time?

Will Adobe have enough resources to work on all their CS 3 apps and deal with these two new operating systems at the same time? What about the Intel transition?

What about the Macromedia integration? Isn't there a lot of internal reassignments and politicking?

Will Adobe have enough resources to deal with attacks on all their products by Microsoft (PDF, Flash, graphics apps)?

FUD can be slung both ways. (I don't normally "do" FUD, but these are just examples of how Adobe's future can be made to seem, well, uncertain or doubtful.)

I'm not particularly concerned about Adobe. And Adobe wasn't the topic of tghis discussion just now.

And you do FUD very well.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    Quote:

I'm not particularly concerned about Adobe. And Adobe wasn't the topic of tghis discussion just now.

It was a demonstration of how absurd FUD can be. It can be used against anyone. It's impossible to fight, because the questions are always unanswerable. No one really knows...that's why it's called Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Quote:

And you do FUD very well.

Why, thank you!
  • Reply 65 of 65
    Quote:

It was a demonstration of how absurd FUD can be. It can be used against anyone. It's impossible to fight, because the questions are always unanswerable. No one really knows...that's why it's called Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

Why, thank you!

If we could get back to Apple, it would be even better.