"Oh, it's much cooler than that. Much cooler."

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    "I met this guy in a bar" = The longest running joke in Apple rumour business.
  • Reply 2 of 21
  • Reply 3 of 21
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PeterT

http://wiredblogs.tripod.com/cultofm...try_id=1385976

Anybody care to speculate

Tablets, PLEASE!
  • Reply 4 of 21
    Supply issues? From Intel? I think not.
  • Reply 5 of 21
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    The writer met rolo in the bar and rolo was drowning his sorrow and about to puke up the sandwich he ate all over the bar's 50" plasma.

\
  • Reply 6 of 21
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    I get nervous when top execs from HUGE companies come to MacWorld and pledge their hearts to Apple. That bit in the clean suit really sent me reeling, since all I could think of the whole time was that incredibly jazzy role-out video for the G5 chips from IBM only ??? years ago. Anyone else remember the tour of the new plant dedicated to making the chips that would blow the world away and the Apple ad with the guy blown literally through the walls of his house by the power of PowerMac G5 processing.

I remember approaching the housing of these remarkable machines--at MacWorld NY I seem to remember, the same one when Steve opened the SoHo Store. in NYC--, gingerly touching the aluminum industrial chic plates, peering in through the transparent plastic covers and being awestruck by the promise of power. Whatever is going to happen to those plants now?
  • Reply 7 of 21
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cubit

I get nervous when top execs from HUGE companies come to MacWorld and pledge their hearts to Apple. That bit in the clean suit really sent me reeling, since all I could think of the whole time was that incredibly jazzy role-out video for the G5 chips from IBM only ??? years ago. Anyone else remember the tour of the new plant dedicated to making the chips that would blow the world away and the Apple ad with the guy blown literally through the walls of his house by the power of PowerMac G5 processing.

I remember approaching the housing of these remarkable machines--at MacWorld NY I seem to remember, the same one when Steve opened the SoHo Store. in NYC--, gingerly touching the aluminum industrial chic plates, peering in through the transparent plastic covers and being awestruck by the promise of power. Whatever is going to happen to those plants now?

Those plants are being used to make XBox and maybe PS3 chips.
  • Reply 8 of 21
    And at the time, the G5 WAS an awesome chip .... IBM/Freescale just couldn't keep up with the progress made by Intel
  • Reply 9 of 21
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

"I met this guy in a bar" = The longest running joke in Apple rumour business.

But it really does happen. It even happened to me once, a very long time ago....

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...=&threadid=900
  • Reply 10 of 21
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

And at the time, the G5 WAS an awesome chip .... IBM/Freescale just couldn't keep up with the progress made by Intel

Thank you, too, Xool for the update; you, too, Xool ! I've just got to find something to drive my monitors for history and Japanese language, and a little Photoshop on the side. Maybe time to grab a Dual, Duo or whatever G5.
  • Reply 11 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

But it really does happen. It even happened to me once, a very long time ago....

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...=&threadid=900

Ohhhh. I even think you started the trend I remember that one as the original.

Were you inspired or are you really The One?
  • Reply 12 of 21
    I was spoofing some of Junkyard Dog's posts. I guess he's the original.

His posts in the thread encouraged me to keep going.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by murk

I was spoofing some of Junkyard Dog's posts. I guess he's the original.

His posts in the thread encouraged me to keep going.

He hastn't showed much since his wager to auto-fellatio himself, so be careful how you cite his example.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

He hastn't showed much since his wager to auto-fellatio himself, so be careful how you cite his example.

JD...
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Still working on that one. It's a matter of spinal flexibility, and sheer length. And don't forget that one guy who killed himself trying to do it in Clerks.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Still working on that one. It's a matter of spinal flexibility, and sheer length. And don't forget that one guy who killed himself trying to do it in Clerks.

Take up yoga
  • Reply 17 of 21
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Yeah except this example turned out to be true. Steve jobs confirmed that such a device was created but never shipped.

Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

One now famous example:

http://www.powerpage.org/archives/20...rock_mwsf.html

• Reply 18 of 21
    kroehlkroehl Posts: 164member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg

Still working on that one. It's a matter of spinal flexibility, and sheer length.

Most of my spam-load purports to have solutions to that problem.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by webmail

Yeah except this example turned out to be true. Steve jobs confirmed that such a device was created but never shipped.

link, please.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:

Originally posted by kroehl

Most of my spam-load purports to have solutions to that problem.

Link, please.