Where'd You Get Your AO Nickname?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    been my nickname for years being an auto electrician my friends just used to say give guy a ring he fixes all that 12 volt stuff !!!
  • Reply 42 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

But thanks for noticing, Mac_Doll. *bats eyelashes*

Aww. Well you're very welcome.
  • Reply 43 of 78
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    nick-name? I don't have one.. sheesh, i'm so boring.
  • Reply 44 of 78
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Indeed. Most people don't notice that my nickname is actually "NaplesX."

Exactly. We get jollied along, training our minds to think of "Midwinter" as having a certain tone, so when you post something like "Anyone second guessing the president should be shot" or "high time we bombed the Sudan into a smoking wasteland", our eyes just move right past it without it registering.

Fascinating stuff.
  • Reply 45 of 78
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Exactly. We get jollied along, training our minds to think of "Midwinter" as having a certain tone, so when you post something like "Anyone second guessing the president should be shot" or "high time we bombed the Sudan into a smoking wasteland", our eyes just move right past it without it registering.

Fascinating stuff.

That's exactly right, SDW2001.
  • Reply 46 of 78
    Quote:

That's exactly right, SDW2001.

Excellent. Liberals want to kill your babies.
  • Reply 47 of 78
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Excellent. Liberals want to kill your babies.

Oh, gawd, wouldn't it be funny if AO could figure out how to make it so that when we log in, our posts went under someone else's nickname?
  • Reply 48 of 78
    Quote:

Oh, gawd, wouldn't it be funny if AO could figure out how to make it so that when we log in, our posts went under someone else's nickname?

You know, that might be an excellent idea.

That way, we'd all be obliged to actually read each other's posts and consider them on the merits, without the convenience of knowing beforehand that it was the work of depraved sociopath.
  • Reply 49 of 78
    My normal Name translated into Dwarfish, according to this site. I rechecked today, and now I'm supposed to be Kili Rubyguard... Things seem to change quickly in Middle Earth...
  • Reply 50 of 78
    Quote:

I hope you mean your middle name and not your first, since "Shawn" doesn't have two syllables.

Those of us who have been around a long time may remember that the middle name is "Patrick" and the last name "Joyce," hence the occaisional "SPJ" reference. At some point he truncated it, presumably to avoid confusion with SamanthaJoanneOllendale (SJO), which was a very wise thing to do.

("ah, the seventies, we didn't have time for nothin'")

As for "splinemodel," I needed something unique back in the mid-late nineties. I'm a dork and I like math, plus I'm a 3D modeler who likes using splines. I'm also a runner, and I have a problem with stretchy ligaments such that if I don't prepare properly, my insides start to sag after a while of running. My running friends and former track teammates used to give me shit about my spleen being OK (or not).

The problem is actually the liver, but there's no quasi-double-meaning in "livermodel." I suppose then I could have been "Liverpool," but I'm not from Liverpool, nor do I like anything from Liverpool aside from perhaps Robbie Fowler.
  • Reply 51 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by durin oakenskin

My normal Name translated into Dwarfish, according to this site. I rechecked today, and now I'm supposed to be Kili Rubyguard... Things seem to change quickly in Middle Earth...

Good find. My Middle Earth names are damn sexy. Dwarf arnd Orc are the real stand-outs.

Dwarf (sweet): Káin Bloodyhelm

Orc (not too shabby): Grúbshásh the Mucous
  • Reply 52 of 78
    I'm a DJ in pittsburgh. Obviously I go by Mastamind. It's a name i've used/use on many forums. Anyway check out the link in my sig.
  • Reply 53 of 78
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by durin oakenskin

Cool link. My name translates into: Frerin Ironfury. Gotta like that.
  • Reply 54 of 78
    Mine is Incognito Ringwraith.
  • Reply 55 of 78
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Mine is Incognito Ringwraith.

Awesome name. Almost as cool as Hiro Protagonist
  • Reply 56 of 78
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I dunno where the hell I pulled my name from, but it's not related to that gay-ass band whatsoever.
  • Reply 57 of 78
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Hmm. I'm sure I explained this before, but AI's search function seems to be wonked. \

Anyways, long story short, it came about due to a group of people I fell in with while I was living in Austin. And no, it has nothing to do with a certain Star Trek hottie.
  • Reply 58 of 78
    jon - from my name

e - electronic

orange - dutch family / fav colour

that's about it.
  • Reply 59 of 78
    yoseyose Posts: 62member
    Yose comes from my first Mac, a Yosemite G3.

On that Middle Earth name site, I used both my full family name and reduced family name and came up with Aduiâthion and Celebwethion ? in Elvish ? respectively.
  • Reply 60 of 78
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Hmm. I'm sure I explained this before, but AI's search function seems to be wonked. \

Anyways, long story short, it came about due to a group of people I fell in with while I was living in Austin. And no, it has nothing to do with a certain Star Trek hottie.

She was 7 of 9.