Is Steve Jobs' email address at Apple public knowledge?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    mtkdnmtkdn Posts: 3member
    recently my itunes store account was hacked and charges were fradulenty made. the credit card company took care of the charges which hit my account but that left one open purchase on my account. you all know what comes next. itunes claims they can only close the open balance if i pay for it and they will reimburse me immediately. i no longer trust them with any of my financial info-even for a few seconds. the store help claims that the company only has an automated system to handle the orders and is not able to internally cancel the order. all efforts to deal with apple/itunes store have ended with the same answer. should i email steve yet? what else can i do? the police laughed at me, AMEX said they couldn't help because the charge didn't hit.......etc. and my itunes account is now frozen because the balance is unpaid!

any help would be appreciated-thx
  • Reply 22 of 32
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mtkdn View Post

recently my itunes store account was hacked and charges were fradulenty made. the credit card company took care of the charges which hit my account but that left one open purchase on my account. you all know what comes next. itunes claims they can only close the open balance if i pay for it and they will reimburse me immediately. i no longer trust them with any of my financial info-even for a few seconds. the store help claims that the company only has an automated system to handle the orders and is not able to internally cancel the order. all efforts to deal with apple/itunes store have ended with the same answer. should i email steve yet? what else can i do? the police laughed at me, AMEX said they couldn't help because the charge didn't hit.......etc. and my itunes account is now frozen because the balance is unpaid!

any help would be appreciated-thx

Definitely contact Apple via Steve.

They have a record of IP addresses of those who used your iTunes.

Which should mean that they can tell that it wasn't you.

After you get a reply, pay the charges as they say, but keep track of what you are doing.

Take screenshots, etc. Create a file for everything that pertains to this case, keep a hard copy of the email. Maybe even have a store manager or whoever as your witness.

In case something goes wrong and you don't get a refund at first, you'll have all the proof that you've done as they've told you, and you'll be safe.

Dan
  • Reply 23 of 32
    thanks dan,

i'm not well versed in computers. what's a screen shot? and, when you suggest i have a store manager witness the transaction do you mean in real life? if not, how would i do this over the computer? i have kept printed copies of all my communications with the initial rep. and then her manager. none of our communications have been on the telephone, i wanted everything to be in writing.

thanks for your help.

deb
  • Reply 24 of 32
    dayrobotdayrobot Posts: 133member
    Quote:

thanks dan,

i'm not well versed in computers. what's a screen shot?

Screenshot (aka screen grab) is a snapshot of your screen exactly as it looks...

Press Command (the Apple key), Shift and 3, and a new file will be saved to your desktop, which will contain the screenshot picture.

This way you can document every significant step in making that payment.

You can then print that, if you will happen to need physical proof.

Quote:

and, when you suggest i have a store manager witness the transaction do you mean in real life? if not, how would i do this over the computer? i have kept printed copies of all my communications with the initial rep. and then her manager. none of our communications have been on the telephone, i wanted everything to be in writing.

thanks for your help.

deb

Seeing that you have everything in writing, i guess it won't be necessary to have a witness. The screenshots alone will suffice.

And you'll probably not even need them afterwards, if Apple will make the refund in time.

When you happen to read this, please try to take a screenshot, to make sure it works for you. You should see a new file on your desktop. If that works, you can proceed with the payment whenever you like.

When you will be making the payment, if you'll have to re-enter you credit card number, and that ends up being captured in the screenshot, please open the picture file in some graphics app, and cross out the cc number except for the last four digits, just to be safe

Dan
  • Reply 25 of 32
    trmorrntrmorrn Posts: 5member

I'd just like to wish him and his family a good day!
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DayRobot View Post

Screenshot (aka screen grab) is a snapshot of your screen exactly as it looks...

Press Command (the Apple key), Shift and 3, and a new file will be saved to your desktop, which will contain the screenshot picture.

This way you can document every significant step in making that payment.

You can then print that, if you will happen to need physical proof.

Seeing that you have everything in writing, i guess it won't be necessary to have a witness. The screenshots alone will suffice.

And you'll probably not even need them afterwards, if Apple will make the refund in time.

When you happen to read this, please try to take a screenshot, to make sure it works for you. You should see a new file on your desktop. If that works, you can proceed with the payment whenever you like.

When you will be making the payment, if you'll have to re-enter you credit card number, and that ends up being captured in the screenshot, please open the picture file in some graphics app, and cross out the cc number except for the last four digits, just to be safe

Dan

thank you again Dan ;-)

you have been a great help and a good teacher.

deb
  • Reply 27 of 32
    mstank12mstank12 Posts: 1member
    Hp hw6915,mda vario, mda vario III navi,mda touch, nokia n93i, nokia n95, nokia e70 or e71, nokia 9300i,sonyerricson P900, P990i, P1i,blackbery 8100 pearl, 8700, 8900, Storm and Samsung Omnia. I had all of these phones, but when i bought iPhone 2g i fell in love with it. It is the first smartphone device with which I don't have to carry my laptop when I go to college. I liked it so much that since then I'm buying only Apple iPhone. I bought iPhone 2g 8gb, iPhone 3g 8gb &16gb and now iPhone 3gs 32gb. Now I've heard from your editor that iPhone 4 will not arrive in Croatia until september, and I do not have anyone in USA who can buy it for me, so I would like to ask you if you can at least somehow manage to send them before? Also, the first two iPhones i bought (that were for the Croatian market) were broken on the same day of purchase, so I had to wait for new one for one month (with warranty).

Thank you!

Marko Stankovic (student of theology)

Vinogradska 36a

51000 Rijeka

Croatia
  • Reply 28 of 32
    thinking about emailing him to tell him I have some rare never heard in public recordings of the beatles to find out if he would interested in them.

good idea or not to email him?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MajorMatt View Post

[email protected]

Good luck. Keep it really short,polite and most importantly a catchy title. To all those who says he doesn't respond, I have gotten two replies from him.

• Reply 29 of 32
    I have had my MacBook for about a year and a half now. All of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. I brought it to an apple store and there were unable to tell me why it just stopped working but were able to tell me what they "thought" was wrong with it. At the store they told me it would be about 280 to fix but then all of a sudden he accidentally unplugged it and was unable to get the MacBook to turn back on. He then told me it was going to be 780 to fix.

I think this is very unfair and want to talk to somebody higher about this. I have taken care of my MacBook and now that the logicboard randomly stops working I have to come up with 780 dollars. I'm very upset and need advice.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Emmers44 View Post

I have had my MacBook for about a year and a half now. All of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. I brought it to an apple store and there were unable to tell me why it just stopped working but were able to tell me what they "thought" was wrong with it. At the store they told me it would be about 280 to fix but then all of a sudden he accidentally unplugged it and was unable to get the MacBook to turn back on. He then told me it was going to be 780 to fix.

I think this is very unfair and want to talk to somebody higher about this. I have taken care of my MacBook and now that the logicboard randomly stops working I have to come up with 780 dollars. I'm very upset and need advice.

You should have bought AppleCare. They have absolutely no obligation to fix it for free past the year's warranty. You had a year to resolve this problem of not having a warranty. Quit whining.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Caution! This is a very old thread.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    so i would like some advice on this. i have a 7 month old MacBook that started having battery problems in July. Afer taking it (four times) to the Apple Certified Support store here in Copenhagen, they told me that I need to contact Apple about getting a new computer for free. Unfortunately, since I bought the Macbook in the states, then I was told that I have to go through the states to get the new one. This is a very good solution for me since I live abroad and if the computer is mailed back to me, it will get caught in customs and I will have to pay the fine. I asked Apple if they would pay the fine, and they said no. I then came up with all kinds of solutions -- mailing the computer through their "support" store here in Copenhagen, plus more, and the Apple representative wanted nothing to do with me and didn't want to listen to my suggestions. He basically told me that they have limited international support and that it wasn't his fault that I chose to live abroad. Well, it wasn't my fault that they sold me a faulty computer. Anyway, the bottom line is that I asked for someone else that I could talk to, someone higher up, or at least someone to voice the complaint to. He told me that he was as high up as I was going to get. All in all, a genuine asshole.

I feel like I have tried talking to Apple and they won't listen. Is this not something I can email Steve about?

thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful!