Apple reports $565M profit on revenues of $5.75B

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,907member
    Here is some info that buyers might find helpful. This guy Troy Wolverton at Thestreet.com is generally negative on Apple stock (not the products) most of the time and this article is not an exception. However, he makes some good points about some troubling things Apple may face this year.

http://www.thestreet.com/tech/gamesa.../10262751.html

Just an FYI
  • Reply 22 of 26
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:

Originally posted by WelshDog

Here is some info that buyers might find helpful. This guy Troy Wolverton at Thestreet.com is generally negative on Apple stock (not the products) most of the time and this article is not an exception. However, he makes some good points about some troubling things Apple may face this year.

http://www.thestreet.com/tech/gamesa.../10262751.html

Just an FYI

No - he is totally off base. Apple has very conservative estimates at the beginning of each quarter, and dissapoints analysts as a result, but the end result at the end of the quarter is not dissapointing.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by e1618978

No - he is totally off base. Apple has very conservative estimates at the beginning of each quarter, and dissapoints analysts as a result, but the end result at the end of the quarter is not dissapointing.

Yes, he is off base to a certain extent, but he still says that Apple will reach $100 end of this year which is in line with others.

I think that it will reach that number much earlier.

But don't tell anyone I said that.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    it's at 77 and dropping. I have arbitrarily decided 70 will be my trigger. thoughts?

BUY?

why is it tanking?
  • Reply 25 of 26
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

it's at 77 and dropping. I have arbitrarily decided 70 will be my trigger. thoughts?

BUY?

why is it tanking?

Well for starters the market is down - a lot. Tech is also down - a lot.

Investors may have wisely decided to take their profits after hearing a less exuberant forecast for the next quarter.

Keep an eye on it. $70 may seem to be arbitrary, but who knows?

Watch Mad Money on CNBC and see what Cramer has to say about it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, oil hit $68 a barrel. That makes people nervous.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    I think that it is worth about $40/share.