What do you drive?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Since it is such a big deal in America these days, especially since GWB talked about it in the SOTU, what do you drive? Also, how much do you pay on average (knowing that prices vary per gallon) to fill your tank?

I drive:

2005 Ford Ranger FX4 4.0 V6, takes about $40 to fill it from empty.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 89
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    2004 Ford Mustang. About $25 to fill up but I seem to fill up all too often these days....
  • Reply 2 of 89
    You chaps in the states have it easy - petrol is far pricier here in Europe. Besides, we shouldn't be comparing how much it costs to fill up, but MPG, as the cost to fill up only shows the size of the tank, not how inefficient it is.
  • Reply 3 of 89
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    '98 Toyota Tacoma, 4cyl, 4WD. Manual everything (stick, windows, doors, etc). I think I nearly put 1000 miles on it last year. $30 to fill up once a month or so.
  • Reply 4 of 89
    Toyota Prius. Costs about CAD$34 to fill up. Averaged 4.6L/100km on the last tank.
  • Reply 5 of 89
    '00 Ford Excursion ... triple digits to fill it from near empty.

'95 Jeep Wrangler ... I6, 2" lift, 31x10.5 ... way fun! much easier to fill, but about the same mpg (15 or so).
  • Reply 6 of 89
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    1989 Porsche Turbo. Manual, 18-22 MPG, $49.50 a tank. (No cheap gas for me)

*Dodges flying brick*
  • Reply 7 of 89
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    my wife--05 volvo s40 t5 awd---38 hwy about 18 city real world

i drive--04 sienna minivan--i know i know...but i did get the sport suspension and spoiler LOL but this is a great vehicle for my family 4 and 2 yr old. i don't like the bulk of suv hybrids make absolutely no financial sense.... in my town they want 26k without leather. geee i can get a corolla with leather get only a few less mpg as per consumer reports and save 9k

my minivan has

laser cruise is way cool)

and sparkly paint--ha ha ha

to fill up about 32 for the volvo and 46 for sienna but it has a 21gallon tank
  • Reply 8 of 89
    My car is a '94 Chrystler Concorde. I know it is an old person's car but my grandparents gave it to me so i am not complaining. my only real complaint is that it is automatic

My dad's main car (BMW 750Li) sucks in the snow so we also have a '00 Jeep Wrangler for the snow. The Wrangler is stick so it is so much fun to drive. It is also great in the summer with the roof down.
  • Reply 9 of 89
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    It costs anywhere from $25-30 to fill up my 13.2 gallon tank with a gallon or less remaining. I drive a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe EX.
  • Reply 10 of 89
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Geesh, I can remember when Shawn got that car new.

I am driving a 1991 Chevy K2500 pickup. It has a 25 gallon tank, gets about 14-15 mpg. It costs about $55-60 to fill up.

Nick
  • Reply 11 of 89
    I use my feet. It costs about 8 dollars to fill up.
  • Reply 12 of 89
    I have a 2005 Subaru WRX. The gas mileage isn't great, but I don't put on a lot of miles. I think I put in less than $50 a month. That comes out to be about 5000 miles a year. I am looking into getting a scooter, in which case my gas usage will be even less. I may even get an electric scooter, since they fly in totally under the taxation radar, and I feel like it would be pretty easy to throw in some better batteries and more powerful motor. Since nothing is as punk-rock as a scooter that can do 60 mph. . . silent.

• Reply 13 of 89
    2004 Jeep Wranger TJ, no mods
  • Reply 14 of 89
    My get around town car is a Hyundai Accent.

We have a Ford Escape Hybrid on order for my wife/family car.
  • Reply 15 of 89
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    2004 Subaru Forester XT Turbo. Costs about 35.00 to fill up, premium only. I think I average about 25mpg.
  • Reply 16 of 89
    r3dx0rr3dx0r Posts: 201member
    chrysler pt cruiser, 40? to fill it up and about 9l/100km. good thing i live close to luxemburg since gas is more expensive in germany.
  • Reply 17 of 89
    '97 GMC Jimmy..Guzzles gas. Usually spend $35 a week filling it up.
  • Reply 18 of 89
    2003 Toyota Land Cruiser

20 gallon tank

$4.25 per gallon at the cheapest place in town (Japan is not the land of cheap gas; you guys in the US have it real easy)

$85 bucks to fill 'er up

2-3 fills per month

15 mpg

What about the cost of inspection? My 1st one is in 2 months and will set me back about $1000, unless something needs repairing, which will obv iosuly add to thhe cost and they invariably find something. In Japan, a new car needs an inspection after 3 years, then every 2 years thereafter, and it ain't cheap. Again, you boys in the States have it easy (I remember Virginia was something like $7 a year back when I was still there).

Got lucky and was able to change my US license into a Japanese one for $50. My wife spent $3500 getting her license here.
  • Reply 19 of 89
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I live close enough to work that I don't usually drive, so my primary vehicle is a 2002 Trek mountain bike. I also have a 96 Honda Civic. Costs under $30 to fill up, and I go for weeks and weeks.
  • Reply 20 of 89
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bergermeister

Again, you boys in the States have it easy (I remember Virginia was something like $7 a year back when I was still there).

What in tarnation is a "vehicle inspection?"

When I moved to Florida, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how and where to get inspected, and what it would cost. Everyone was so confused and I could get no good answers until I eventually just pulled the trigger and went to get new tags & registration anyway. The lady at the booth chuckled and told me "that there is no vehicle inspection in Florida."

This was a good thing, because the RX-7 I had at the time wasn't exactly street legal.