Cinema Display Predictions

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by ngmapple

slot or port where cameras can be popped in.

How about a firewire port on the top for the iSight? Make a new iSight with a detachable cable...I for one very much like the design of the iSight.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    tenobelltenobell Posts: 7,014member
    Quote:

30" HD 2560 x 1600 $1999

36" HD ?

Once you move beyond 1920x1080 you have moved beyond HD.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

When the Imac came up with isight built in that was exactly what I thought. But then if somebody buys duals displays. (many people do that) then it doesn't make sense to have 2 isight cameras.

I think eventually Apple will have a new stand alone isight camera in a much smaller format.

So I bet the new displays will sport the same designs except with new improved specs.

Actually, it'd be interesting to see a kind of stereoscopic iChat using the combination of 2 iSights...of course, the iSight lens would need to be able to rotate and adjust itself for this to happen...probably too expensive right now.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    All I hope for is a price drop. I just purchased a Dell 24inch monitor for work at $850 and it has a nicer screen, multiple inputs, and a card reader built in. After hooking it up I actually felt stupid for buying a refurbished 23inch Apple monitor last month.

Apple will always be more expensive, I know, but the gap is really widening on these monitors and I won't think of buying another Apple monitor until they drop the prices to something just slightly over market value.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I agreed that Apple has a huge competition on their displays. I hope they will keep lowering their prices.

I have one 23" and one 30" displays from Apple. The 30" is stunning, I wished I bought one long time ago. I can't think about working on anything smaller now! The 23" is very nice too. Apple design is just plain beautiful.

I looked at the Dell's but I did not feel good about buying it. it looked cheap.

I hope Apple will make an even larger than 30" monitor. hopefully a 42". It would be great on the entertainement room or as a single display for computer work

I wish I could afford two 30" displays. that is a serious real state screen.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    I cant remember where, but a few weeks ago I read that Apple had join a consortium that was discussing the possibility of creating a new video port standard to replace not only DVI, but also HDMI. This would hopefully unite TV and computer video cabling standards for the first time, be backwards compatable with DVI and HDMI (just like DVI and VGA) while providing cabling that would be more efficient, similar to HDMI. Most importantly, it would provide capability for resolutions much larger than Dual Link DVI.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by gugy

I looked at the Dell's but I did not feel good about buying it. it looked cheap.

I hope Apple will make an even larger than 30" monitor. hopefully a 42". It would be great on the entertainement room or as a single display for computer work

I can tell you the only thing that looks cheap on the Dell monitor are the letters "DELL" on the bezel (which is smaller than the bexel on the Apple displays by the way.) I can tell you I have never bought a Dell product and haven't even thought about it until now. I would buy one of these over the current Apple monitors in a second.

If this monitor deteriorates at all over the next few months or has any defects, I will post here, but for now, it seems to be the leader in price/quality.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    both panels are using same panel (LG/Philips). Only Apple has had theirs for almost 2 years and Dell just came out with 2 yr old panel.

Also reports are that Dell's backlight leak on right side of the monitor is somewhat bad and very noticable.

I'd advise anyone thinking of buying high end large monitor to wait couple months. By summer Samsung should have their new panel out ( last reports were their mass prod. schedule is Q106 ) and also LG/Phillips engeneering was quoted on ars saying their new panel is due this summer.