New iBooks

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by backtomac

How will that compare to the existing g4. The core duos look at least 2xs faster than the g4, maybe more. If prices are the same or close, within 15%, then IMO that would represent real value in purchasing an intel iBook. If the celeron makes it into the intel iBook and only enhances performance by 30 or 40%, I'll probably go with a MacBook pro.

the new celeron-m will basically be a core solo with 1mb cache and a bit slower fsb.

it wont be '4x faster' or anything like the core duo, but i guess we'll see a 50% increase in performance overall on a good day.

that's a pretty decent speed-bump if you ask me...

edit: remeber this is a $999 laptop where talking about, the macbook pros are double that...
  • Reply 22 of 22
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tubgirl

the new celeron-m will basically be a core solo with 1mb cache and a bit slower fsb.

it wont be '4x faster' or anything like core duo, but i guess you'll see upwards a 50% increase in performance overall.

that's a pretty decent speed-bump if you ask me...

edit: remeber this is a $999 laptop where talking about, the macbook pros are double that...

Not bad but Macbook pro buyers are probably going to see 4x speed increase for the same price as the outgoing ppc model. That is very appealing value IMO.