MacBook Pro Benchmarks from Ogrady's Power Page

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    I ran xbench on my ALPB 1.67 (2G ram) and it was substantially faster than the 1.5. (and much closer to the MBP).

Overall was 43.35--14 faster than the PB 1.5 and only 10 slower than the MBP.

The CPU test was 65.42 (less than 2 points shy of the MBP and 30 better than the PB 1.5.

There were a few tests where the MBP was substantially faster, but the results don't seem to represent the entire machine accurately. Does xbench need to be updated to accurately measure the new intel processors? Not sure if beamsync adjustment would be the total solution here.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

This is nice and all, seeing that the new one is faster than the two year old one (DUA) but it is time to see some windows benchmarks now: take Mathematica, install it on a MBP and a dual core intel PC notebook, run a float test, and int test, a 3-d test, calculate the square root of PI 7000 times whatever crazy shit can be cooked up by some hard core math/comp sci geeks and lets see how much faster OSX really is...or are the mac guys scared?

Everyone is welcome to run my Monty Hall Simulation. It's Perl, so it does not care what processor it is on, and it automatically detects the number of cores and threads itself across them:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...087#post871087