Briefly: iTunes 1B songs sold; iPods sales via iTMS; Mac mini

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    If Apple released their Photoshop "killer" now it would do one of two things:

1) Cause Adobe to stand up, take notice, and rush their new version of Photoshop out of the door or...

2) Piss Adobe off so that they don't develop another version of Photoshop for Mac EVER again.

I think the latter would be more likely.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

If Apple released their Photoshop "killer" now it would do one of two things:

1) Cause Adobe to stand up, take notice, and rush their new version of Photoshop out of the door or...

2) Piss Adobe off so that they don't develop another version of Photoshop for Mac EVER again.

I think the latter would be more likely.

Cosmo I disagree. Adobe still makes TON of $ selling products for the Mac.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jleon

Well it's nice to see an underground band like Coldplay benefit from all this publicity

I'm sure it wasn't really the billionth song sold though but simply an estimate, kind of like Mikcey D's saying 55 billion served. Nobody can count that many beans perfectly.

Coldplay has been pretty well-known for a while, if they were underground, that would have been in 2004, I've seen mass media attention for them in several places. Also, Coldplay tickets were one of the bonuses offered for the 500M contest:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/500million/

That was only six months ago, Apple doubled their track sales in six months when it took them two or so years to get to 500M
  • Reply 24 of 27
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by icibaqu

i hope i'm not alone in thinking how funny that "the speed of sound" was the billionth song downloaded.

a billion songs and a double entendre all in one!

Hey, come on, help a guy who lives up to his name. What's this double entendre thing with regards to "speed of sound"?
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by JeffDM

Coldplay has been pretty well-known for a while, if they were underground, that would have been in 2004, I've seen mass media attention for them in several places. Also, Coldplay tickets were one of the bonuses offered for the 500M contest:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/500million/

That was only six months ago, Apple doubled their track sales in six months when it took them two or so years to get to 500M

--I was being completely sarcastic, they're about as mainstream and whitebread as you can get.

I'm also not questioning whether or not they have sold a billion, just whether or not that really was exactly the billionth one.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    louzerlouzer Posts: 1,054member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jleon

--I was being completely sarcastic, they're about as mainstream and whitebread as you can get.

I'm also not questioning whether or not they have sold a billion, just whether or not that really was exactly the billionth one.

Yeah, I wonder too. I was buying some great new music, from the likes of Grand Funk Railroad, Perry Como, The jazztets, and the like. You never see them on those "and the millionth song purchased was..." items. Its always some new or popular song. Seems a little shady to me.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    "You know how I know you're gay? Because you listen to Coldplay."

-- from 40 Year Old Virgin