Seating for Feb 28 event limited, Mac mini expected

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by @homenow

Your basically descirbing an eyeHome by ElGato as well as other media streaming devices coming out, which puts the price point at around $199. A $299 model might be a hard sell to a market that is going to be competing with Blue Ray and HD DVD as well as other streaming solutions. Apple does have an advantage in the iTMS if they can make it work, but they will need to reach "critical mass" for the product ASAP if they want to control the market forces like they do with the iPod and iTMS so the more competative price would be advisable.

The eyeHome doesn't include a tuner, does it? So if you want a full solution, would you have to get an eyeHome and an eyeTV to record? If so, that's pretty expensive.
  • Reply 42 of 49
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

what i meant was, i would think that apple realizes it's growth and maintenance in several fields requires certain software, wouldn't it have a program to fill the void in case it was being held hostage by those software companies, e.g. MS and adobe. then for apple to push it's high end powermacs it can't until a native PS is available. where is the motivation for this development for native mac intel software?? couldn't MS and adobe gang up on apple. how do they protect themselves...strategic aliances?...develope it's own.

I"m surprised that apple doesn't have it's own emulation software or align with a company that can other than MS

Microsoft FAQ on their Mac Business Unit.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/default...pid=macIntelQA
  • Reply 43 of 49
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    15 hours to GO!
  • Reply 44 of 49
    I reckon this is the invite they should have sent out (yes I made it ) ...(Date shows the 22nd because it was a mock up for another forum)

• Reply 45 of 49
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

No. They're real.

I hope your not serious.

Look at the evidence that you've been had.

http://web.mac.com/christianwedlock/...stian/fake.mov
  • Reply 46 of 49
    > hope your not serious.

> Look at the evidence that you've been had.

That's *not* evidence, that is simply a "how to make a fake pic"-guide. The image produced in the video is *not* the one that is floating around (very similar, though).

This *may* be Apple rumour control - or simply someone who wants to show how easy it is to produce a fake image, but it isn't "evidence"...

(although I do believe the original "test screen image" is also a fake - if one had access to such a scoop, why not take more pics of it...)
  • Reply 47 of 49
    whoa... that's some phat conspiracy there... the fake of the fake is also fake...! yet it doesn't mean there was no fake nor non-fake to start with... intense!
  • Reply 48 of 49
    People don't like to admit they're wrong.

It doesn't matter how much proof turns up, some people will never admit they were fooled.
  • Reply 49 of 49
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    by a dutch guy called "Hanneke"