It?s a 34? screen notebook, not another boring tablet.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    akheron01akheron01 Posts: 152member
    People buy tablets which have input methods not nearly as nice as a flat keyboard, it wouldn't be quite as usable as a standard laptop keyboard but such a laptop could be a tablet killer, especially if it were able to open up 180º.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by OBJRA10

(it's true that this assumes the same aspect ratio. I can't think of how you could double the diagonal though and only double the area.)

It is possible. But since I cannot type formulas to show you the general solution, I will give instead a numerical example.

Assume that you have a rectangular parallelogram with edges a = 3 and b = 4 (units have no importance for the moment). Consequently, the diagonal will be d = 5 and the area E = 12.

Now take another rectangular parallelogram with a' = 2.477 and b' = 9.688. You can verify that for this one the following hold: d' = 9.999 and E' = 23.997, so we have (approximately, since the original values for a' and b' are not exact) d' = 2d and E' = 2E.

But I am afraid, such proportions have little to do with the display technology.