Playstation Three(3){PS3}

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

Well, Halo 3 may actually be delayed until 2007. Senor Gates said Halo 3 would be released when the PS3 was, but Bungie said that was a crock of fecal matter. Bungie says it'll be released when it's ready.

Bungie is a division of Microsoft and has been since before Halo 2 was released. I'm going to go with Gates on this one.

I bet that Bungie has been working on Halo 3 quite a bit, assuming that it would need to be done this spring. What I'd hate to see is the game be finished and sit on Bungie's shelves until Sony announces a PS3 release date.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think it's practically impossible. A next-gen game being done in less than three years start-to-finish? Halo 2 took that long, and I'm guessing Halo 3 will have a much more impressive graphical quality overall.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Sorry to hijack a PS3 thread, but...

I could see where Bungie will only write Halo 3 for XBox 360. In that case, they might cut down some of their development time because they don't have to make it work with both XBox platforms. It also would be a fantastic marketing too to push more people to buy a 360. I say all this not knowing what all is involved in actually developing a video game.

I also hope, however, that Halo 3 is fully vetted before it's released. Halo 2 has all kinds of weird quirks built into it due to the rush to get it released. Some people might call some of the quirks "features," but watch some of the story animations and explain why it takes a split second for the image to render completely.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

I broke down today and purchased DOA 4 for the 360. I had a Gamestop gift card so I'm trying to convince myself that it only cost $10. I couldn't remember when I got the gift card and was afraid it might expire, so I figured, what the heck?

I'm waiting to read some of the Ghost Recon reviews before buying it, and since I also don't have Xbox Live right now so it's probably better for me to wait.

The lowest review rating GR:AW has received so far (from the 5 reviews I've read, not previews either) is 9.0. The game review sites are going gaga over the X360 version of this game.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Bungie is a division of Microsoft and has been since before Halo 2 was released. I'm going to go with Gates on this one.

I bet that Bungie has been working on Halo 3 quite a bit, assuming that it would need to be done this spring. What I'd hate to see is the game be finished and sit on Bungie's shelves until Sony announces a PS3 release date.

From: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/acti...ml?sid=6142127

Quote:

Obviously, the console's "substantially higher share" is largely dependent on its software library, and no other title will push more 360s out the door than Halo 3. At 2005's E3, Gates was quoted by Time magazine as saying that Halo 3 would be released at the same time as Sony's PlayStation 3, which is due later this year. Execs at Microsoft and developers at Bungie both scratched their heads at the statement, with Microsoft's president of the entertainment and devices division, Robbie Bach, bluntly saying, "Halo 3 is something that we'll ship when it's ready."

Gates admitted that his statement may have been premature. "It's up to the team [at Bungie] when they want to ship [Halo 3], and they're going to take their time to make that a super great product," Gates told Engadget. "So even we don't know when that will come out." Gates' comments already have industry pundits predicting that the game will likely now launch either in November, as have previous Halos, or around the premiere of the Halo movie in summer 2007.

Gates jumped the gun and Bungie called him on it. In this interview he corrects the situation.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Thanks for the info! Knowing all that, it seems likely to me that Halo 3 will come out this holiday season. It would push a bunch of XBox 360s out the door, knock the PS3 down a rung, and the Halo 3 packaging could include an "exclusive" teaser trailer of the Halo movie, if available. That would be a lot of Halo hype for a long time. I think 2007 is just way too late, and Microsoft probably realizes that too.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    For Halo 3 to actually launch later this year, we'd have to see a *full preview* of the game at E3, not just a teaser trailer. I'm hoping we will see Halo 3 sooner rather than later, but being realistic and looking at Bungie's history, I'd be stunned if they had Halo 3 ready for prime time in 2006.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    When is E3?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    E3 starts 2 months from today.