Spring Bash: What do you expect?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The rumored Apple Spring Birthday Bash is just about two weeks away. What do you expect? The only thing we are sure of is the 8-pound iPod steve alluded to last round!



Note:



You may vote for as many items as you wish, but:



If you think the iPod 6G and the video device are the same thing, vote once for the video device (as it is the bigger, newer item).



If you think the video device will double as a tablet, vote for the tablet (same as above).
«13

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 58
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    My heart wants a minitower. My brain says portables.
  • Reply 2 of 58
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I expect people to expect 4-7 new products, and they'll all be disappointed.
  • Reply 3 of 58
    Quote:

    Originally posted by rageous

    I expect people to expect 4-7 new products, and they'll all be disappointed.



    Hopefully happily so!
  • Reply 4 of 58
    vochvoch Posts: 28member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Bergermeister

    Hopefully happily so!



    Happily disappointed?
  • Reply 5 of 58
    zengazenga Posts: 267member
    intel ibook replacement for sure...

  • Reply 6 of 58
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,145member
    8" widescreen multi-touch LCD

    1.06GHz ULV Core Duo CPU w/2MB shared cache

    533MHz FSB

    512MB NAND flash memory

    2GB DDR2 SDRAM (two SO-DIMM slots)

    80GB 1.8" HDD

    Intel GMA950 integrated GPU

    WUSB (wireless USB)

    AirPort Extreme

    BlueTooth

    Quad band cell capabilities

    Pivoting iSight camera

    stereo BlueTooth headset w/microphone

    Stylus



    About the size of a DVD case (which is really close to a 16:10 ratio) and half again as thick...



    US$666



    Happy 30th Birthday Apple Computer



    ;^p
  • Reply 7 of 58
    With an 8-hour battery and video out (RGB is fine)!
  • Reply 8 of 58
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Zenga

    intel ibook replacement for sure...





    Intel MacBook, please!
  • Reply 9 of 58
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    I want the 17" MBP so bad I can taste it, but I can't see them announcing until the next chipset comes along. But perhaps they will do a Yonah with it, then upgrade later. In which case, I'll wait... but it will be hard. I want it really, really, really, frighteningly bad.



    MZ
  • Reply 10 of 58
    Quote:

    Originally posted by MacRonin

    8" widescreen multi-touch LCD

    1.06GHz ULV Core Duo CPU w/2MB shared cache

    533MHz FSB

    512MB NAND flash memory

    2GB DDR2 SDRAM (two SO-DIMM slots)

    80GB 1.8" HDD

    Intel GMA950 integrated GPU

    WUSB (wireless USB)

    AirPort Extreme

    BlueTooth

    Quad band cell capabilities

    Pivoting iSight camera

    stereo BlueTooth headset w/microphone

    Stylus



    About the size of a DVD case (which is really close to a 16:10 ratio) and half again as thick...



    US$666



    Happy 30th Birthday Apple Computer



    ;^p






    Oh lordy I'd sell my family for one of these...



    Pundits always say that such a device would only appeal to technogeeks. But even if just a small percentage of hardcore Mac users bought one, Apple would make a fortune. Factor in Jonathan Ive design and iTunes playback and the whole world would want one. Sadly I can't see Apple styming their existing iPod range to include MP3 playback, nor can I envisage phone capabilities. But we can dream, can't we ?
  • Reply 11 of 58
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member
    please pray hrd that there will be no Powermac replacements yet...



    please pray that Apple is smart enough to wait for the desktop Core chips (aka "Conroe") because otherwise theyll use some of the current crappy P4 core chips like a pentium-D... and that would totally stink!! those things suck so bad... the 2ghz Core Duo benchmarks across the board higher than a 3.2ghz Pentium-D
  • Reply 12 of 58
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by doh123

    please pray hrd that there will be no Powermac replacements yet...



    please pray that Apple is smart enough to wait for the desktop Core chips (aka "Conroe") because otherwise theyll use some of the current crappy P4 core chips like a pentium-D... and that would totally stink!! those things suck so bad... the 2ghz Core Duo benchmarks across the board higher than a 3.2ghz Pentium-D




    Powermacs at wwdc in August. That is the conventional wisdom.
  • Reply 13 of 58
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    I'm expecting more fun products.
  • Reply 14 of 58
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    Is possible that the Ibook will be announce at the anniversary. But how boring that would be if just the ibook is announce.

    I hope something else comes along

    Apple's anniversary is a big deal and I don't think the Ibook has the leverage to hold this event importance.



    I think 3 things can happen



    Ipod video 6g.

    Itunes with full movie downloads

    totally new product that we are not expecting.
  • Reply 15 of 58
    vochvoch Posts: 28member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by gugy

    Is possible that the Ibook will be announce at the anniversary. But how boring that would be if just the ibook is announce.



    Depends on the iBook/MacBook they announce.



    Eh...it won't be too good. It can't surpass the MacBook Pro obviously...



    Voch
  • Reply 16 of 58
    What do I click if I expect a new iPod-Tablet?



    It'll be a 6G, it'll do video, and be a tablet
  • Reply 17 of 58
    Quote:

    Originally posted by GregAlexander

    What do I click if I expect a new iPod-Tablet?



    Okay I've voted "iPod 6G... since my prediction is

    1) not a Mac-Tablet, and

    2) I assume by "Video Device" you mean something next to your TV - like an Airport Express + video (with FrontRow and a remote )



    I do think Apple will have something surprising (in addition to the iBook replacement) that will begin a new style of product line.



    eg:

    Tablet (iPod-Tablet (low end) & Mac-Tablet (high end))

    Video (Airport Video (low end) & ?? high end)
  • Reply 18 of 58
    1337_5l4xx0r1337_5l4xx0r Posts: 1,558member
    I worry about the price points of the new iBooks, and whether they will have integrated graphics.
  • Reply 19 of 58
    Is there any way to have a multiple answer poll show percentages on a per-respondant/item basis?



    I have done the math for the 72 votes so far:



    26% --17" MBP

    76% -- iBook replacement

    18% -- 30th anniversary Mac

    19% -- tablet or mini-notebook

    42% -- movie download service

    8% -- mini tower

    31% -- video device

    28% -- iPod 6G

    3% -- spreadsheet

    8% -- other software

    7% -- nothing
  • Reply 20 of 58
    jimbo123jimbo123 Posts: 153member
    What about that apple remote control rumor that's been mentioned in the past?
Sign In or Register to comment.