Firm: Apple to ship $4.2B in wireless iPods by 2010

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chris Cuilla

One more thing...

I read an interview with "The Steve" once where he said they like to control some piece of the technology of their products. Where/how would this happen with iPhone?

( just playing devil's advocate here...I'd love to see Apple do it...but looking realistically at all the issues )

The OS. That controls the entire phone. The scroll wheel. The best controller. Apple owns technology there as well. The iPod interface, which has the admiration of the industry, and allows all of the sophisticated accessories to connect.

Bing!
  • Reply 22 of 23
    danosaurdanosaur Posts: 258member
    By September of this year, Toronto is expected to have blanket WiFi coverage. Toronto Hydro is expected to sell it at a low cost to consumers. Toronto will join a few American cities in having blanket coverage. If Apple released a WiFi iPhone, it would do well in Toronto. Within two to five years, I expect many of the major North American cities to have blanket coverage, if the media corporations fail to lobby successfully.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    It's bound to come to us in small stages so it is sticks to Apples method of Product Evolution. I wouldn't be surprised if we recieved a Touch Screen Video iPod in April with a couple of 'BIG' deals on iTunes; maybe Fox along with the first feature length films. Then in October the Touch screen iPods will gain Wireless functionality which opens the possibility of VOIP and Touch Screen Remote Control capabilities. And the recently purchased servers will come into play with the full on Movie store streaming to your Front Row enabled Macs and Touch screen wireless iPods.

That way 2006 closes with a great holiday season and....

* Mediacentric Macs

* Front Row with Bonjour

* Movies on iTunes

* True Video iPod

* Touch screen remote control

* Speaker system (iPod HiFi)

* Some kind of Apple community (Social Network) that extends across all of

the devices. I think this is going to come very soon in the form of a

redesigned website for Apple.com!

The Mac Media Center is Evolving in front of our eyes and by the end of the year we will be a lot closer to a full blown Media and Communications system that docks in every area of our lives.