Apple's MacBook Pro wait times improve significantly

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by kemck

The only other issue I have noticed so far is that Microsoft Entourage seems to hang on quit and will only shut down using Force Quit.

What do you expect? It's microsoft
  • Reply 22 of 50
    sikkdsikkd Posts: 47member
    Here in Switzerland there is no way to support the article ;-)

Ordered May 4th, estimated April 3rd.

Apple Logistics is reporting an expected shipping of May 28th but that's an estimate.

I think you can see how horrible it is to me.

And Apple promised to manufacture and ship in priority.

Now they decline any further demand to do priority because of the backlog.

I have also other orders that have been put earlier.

It's funny but all "open" orders before and after me are stating an estimate shipping on April 3rd.

Go figure why ;-)

Chris
  • Reply 23 of 50
    strobestrobe Posts: 369member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Here here!

• Reply 24 of 50
    Ordered on 09-03 and estimated delivery on 11-04. However, I called Sales and they said that they expect the MBP to be delivered just after 25-03. GREAT. However; this date is not reflected on the orderpage... We'll see what happens.

My MBP: 2.16Ghz, 7200rpm. So yes, mine IS bigger than yours. (No, I do not feel the need to compensate for anything)
  • Reply 25 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by sikkd

Here in Switzerland there is no way to support the article ;-)

Ordered May 4th, estimated April 3rd.

Apple Logistics is reporting an expected shipping of May 28th but that's an estimate.

I think you can see how horrible it is to me.

And Apple promised to manufacture and ship in priority.

Now they decline any further demand to do priority because of the backlog.

I have also other orders that have been put earlier.

It's funny but all "open" orders before and after me are stating an estimate shipping on April 3rd.

Go figure why ;-)

Chris

Try the Dataquest web shop. I ordered a plain 2.0 GHz MacBook Pro on Tuesday, it was delivered to my door the following day.

It seems they have/had some in stock, and I just got one.
  • Reply 26 of 50
    toweltowel Posts: 1,479member
    I finally did it! Got my order in for a shiny new MBP 2.0. I've been waiting since January for the wait times to drop - if I'm going to wait a month anyway, I'd rather wait it before plunking my money down. Today is the last day for Amazon's $150 rebate, but whatever the AI article might claim, every time I checked their order page it still showed a wait time of 1-2 weeks. Until 10 minutes ago, when I checked on a lark and the page had suddenly changed to "Usually ships in 24 hours" and "Order in the next 17 minutes for delivery tomorrow". So I did! They must have gotten a big stock in last night. I picked two-day shipping, so it's scheduled for delivery Friday. Whoohoo!
  • Reply 27 of 50
    MBP now Ships: 3-5 business days
  • Reply 28 of 50
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    it's been 3 weeks since I ordered mine, still nothing :'(
  • Reply 29 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeaPeaJay

it's been 3 weeks since I ordered mine, still nothing :'(

3 WEEKS???????

jesus that's long considering that I've been waiting over 2 months now......
  • Reply 30 of 50
    Quote:

Originally posted by MikeVonkPro

3 WEEKS???????

jesus that's long considering that I've been waiting over 2 months now......

I know! Count your blessings and be happy you're not me.
  • Reply 31 of 50
    lechatlechat Posts: 1member
    Ordered my "plain jane" 1.83 on the 30th of January - still waiting, unfortunately I live in New Zealand and to say that the supply is slow is an understatement - up until today there have been fewer than 30 ship to the local distrubutor - a third of which have been absorb for press and demo units - the supply is slowly coming through but have been told to not expect it until mid -April - dispite being in the first 100 of the allocation for shipping.

Those of you complaining about waiting a few weeks I probably have up to another month to wait - having already waited 7 weeks (18 days of which were prior to the start of shipping in the US). NZ received the first customer shipment - a hand full of each about a week ago and two similar sized shipments over the past few days.

All I hope is that the large retail stores don't pinch all the stock.
  • Reply 32 of 50
    MBP now ships in 1-3 day down from 3-5
  • Reply 33 of 50
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Walked into tekserve in NYC and got mine SAME DAY!!!

Great little machine!!

Only peeve is the front row remote should have a slot/pocket/place to put it.

Really frickin fast.

Love the isight integration. And Photo Booth is really fun.

Front row is gonna be a killer app!!

remote...grrr!

• Reply 34 of 50
    I checked some stores online and on site but_ Apple did accord me the Student Rebate, even though i'm Apprentice, so no educate-rebate eligible, but it was hard to convince the guy on the phone but worked...

Was at Letec, refused to accord me the Student Rebate, because i'm not really a student. But 3 units in stock. Sold out the same time i went off the shop.

Was at Dataquest, refused to accord me the Student Rebate, because i'm not really a student. But 10 units in stock. Sold out the same time i went off the shop.

Was at FotoMeier, refused to accord me the Student Rebate, because i'm not really a student. But 1 unit in stock. Sold out the same time i went off the shop.

Was at Manor, refused to accord me the Student Rebate, because i'm not really a student. But 5 units in stock. Almost sold out the same time i went off the shop.
  • Reply 35 of 50
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Mine is a great maching,

Couldn't be happier!
  • Reply 36 of 50
    SENT! SENT!

Sorry for yelling, but i think you understand my euphoria...

Today so much good things happened to me. I really wish today is the day of happiness for everyone of you!

I can't wait to get my MBP.

Just to recap

Order

Ship Estimate

Ship Effective

Arrival Estimate

Arrival Effective

?
  • Reply 37 of 50
    Quote:

SENT! SENT!

Sorry for yelling, but i think you understand my euphoria...

Today so much good things happened to me. I really wish today is the day of happiness for everyone of you!

I can't wait to get my MBP.

Just to recap

Order

Ship Estimate

Ship Effective

Arrival Estimate

Arrival Effective

?

Did you have a 120GB drive or 80? Cause I ordered two days before you and I STILL haven't had mine sent out!
  • Reply 38 of 50
    MBPRO 15/2.0/1X1G/100/256VRAM/SD-SWM

I think it's a 100GB ? sorry to not know it but i didn't mind too much

Sorry to hear you're still waiting :-(
  • Reply 39 of 50
    Quote:

MBPRO 15/2.0/1X1G/100/256VRAM/SD-SWM

I think it's a 100GB ? sorry to not know it but i didn't mind too much

Sorry to hear you're still waiting :-(

• Reply 40 of 50
    In a Response of Apple, they tell me that ordering the AppleCare Protection Plan TOGETHER with the MacBook Pro will significantly slow down the shipping from 3 days to 8 days.