2G Macbook Pro

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    atomichamatomicham Posts: 185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DGMVW

When are we going to get back dual layer DVD burning? That's a factor for me.

When dual-layer DVD burners get thinner. Apple made the decision to go with a thinner design over dual-layer burner knowing that at some point in the future, the burners will be thinner. You'll need to follow the drive manufacturer's for ideas on how long that will take.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    lustlust Posts: 83member
    Quote:

Originally posted by atomicham

When dual-layer DVD burners get thinner. Apple made the decision to go with a thinner design over dual-layer burner knowing that at some point in the future, the burners will be thinner. You'll need to follow the drive manufacturer's for ideas on how long that will take.

Forget DVDs, I want Blu-Ray.

Edit: On another note, I also want the ExpressCard/34 to be upgraded to ExpressCard/55 (I think it's 55). You guys remember Apple Insider reporting about Intel wanting to put NAND flash into computers to speed up booting times? I also wish that would be included.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

2 GB on such a low-end model is rather wasteful. 1 GB I can understand; 1.5 at most.

2 GB is probably a little much for most. Because it is a cheap computer doesn't mean you don't need the ram. Have you used a new mini? I would say some G5 tower owners and most iMac G5 users would be pissed if knew how fast these babies are. When the pro app's go UB, let the massive Intel transition begin.

Apple fed us a line about the G5's (single processor computers). Well, that and the new HDD in the mini is 50 times better.

1 GB would be fine. I have tested my new mini with 1 GB and it flies too. But 2 GB increases the number of programs I can run at the same time with no apparant loss of performance. I have Word, Excel, InDesign and Photoshop open at all times along with the usual Mail, Address Book, iCal, Safari, Activity Monitor and iTunes.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

2 GB is probably a little much for most. Because it is a cheap computer doesn't mean you don't need the ram. Have you used a new mini? I would say some G5 tower owners and most iMac G5 users would be pissed if knew how fast these babies are. When the pro app's go UB, let the massive Intel transition begin.

Apple fed us a line about the G5's (single processor computers). Well, that and the new HDD in the mini is 50 times better.

1 GB would be fine. I have tested my new mini with 1 GB and it flies too. But 2 GB increases the number of programs I can run at the same time with no apparant loss of performance. I have Word, Excel, InDesign and Photoshop open at all times along with the usual Mail, Address Book, iCal, Safari, Activity Monitor and iTunes.

Do you have core duo or solo?