April 1st: Nothing More Than An April Fool?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    The reason Steve mentioned it at MacWorld SF was exactly because they KNEW they were not doing anything for the 30th birthday.

He even said, "...I don't know if we'll see you before then, so I wanted to take this moment to recognize..." blah blah blah.

Apple does nothing by chance. Anyone that is waiting to wake up on Saturday morning to see banners and announcements at Apple's website is just fooling themselves.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by clonenode

Apple does nothing by chance. Anyone that is waiting to wake up on Saturday morning to see banners and announcements at Apple's website is just fooling themselves.

We'll see.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    clonenodeclonenode Posts: 392member
    And this thread has gone no where.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    banjobanjo Posts: 24member
    Well, it's just over an hour until the big day (for us Brits, anyway). So, with literally no proper rumours and no invitations, are the hopes of Mac enthusiasts everywhere now completely shattered? I'm not so sure...
  • Reply 25 of 36
    Saturday,April 1, 2006-Cupertino(AP)

Apple announced the immediate availability of the Mac Pro Desktop computer, which utilizes a 2.5 Ghz Intel Quad Core. The Apple Store lists the new Intel Macintosh, which comes with 4 Ghz of RAM and a 400 Gb hard drive at $2999.

Apple observers and industry insiders were surprised at the announcement, given previous reports that Intel was releasing the new processor in Q1 2007.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rtamesis

Saturday,April 1, 2006-Cupertino(AP)

Apple announced the immediate availability of the Mac Pro Desktop computer, which utilizes a 2.5 Ghz Intel Quad Core. The Apple Store lists the new Intel Macintosh, which comes with 4 Ghz of RAM and a 400 Gb hard drive at $2999.

Apple observers and industry insiders were surprised at the announcement, given previous reports that Intel was releasing the new processor in Q1 2007.

...and everyone loses their collective bowels!
  • Reply 27 of 36
    tak1108tak1108 Posts: 222member
    I can tell you the Quads are not ready. Although the Dual's that are going into the powermac replacement and X serve replacement are on schedule for Q2, which happens to be now. But if that means end of q2 or middle of q2 I'm not sure.

Quad cores are on schedule, but I can't tall you what that schedule is, just that they are on schedule.
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Banjo

Well, it's just over an hour until the big day (for us Brits, anyway). So, with literally no proper rumours and no invitations, are the hopes of Mac enthusiasts everywhere now completely shattered? I'm not so sure...

It's 23:55 BST. I pray that in the next 5 minutes the MacBook appears in the Apple Shop. I've a funny feeling I'm going to be waiting for it for a few more weeks tho
  • Reply 29 of 36
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    I've said this before in another thread but im going to say it again now.

Apple has released things on Sunday before.

Apple has released things on Saturday before.

Why not tomorrow?

It would certainly be a suprise.

Think about it.

It is a steve jobs sorta thing.
  • Reply 30 of 36
    It's not going to happen. Especially on the weekend.

I really believe that they intended to release something on the 4th, but it's been delayed/cancelled. Probally the video ipod. The macbooks are probally coming in the middle of April.

Quad Core Power Macs are for MWSF 07. Intel plans to get woodcrest out by the end of 2006, so it works out for Apple that way.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    what if they just update the front page with a well-deserved pat-on-the-back, with a tagline of "Apple Computer - proudly going out of business for thirty years."

• Reply 32 of 36
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Sorry I ran out of lame gif's!!

I would be very very surprised if nothing happens!

What I'd do for one of these with 1000 songs! Fuck me it's beautiful !!

• Reply 33 of 36
    Well, it's Saturday afternoon (in the UK) and on Apple's UK website there is nothing , no birthday wishes, no memorable images or anything!
  • Reply 34 of 36
    icibaquicibaqu Posts: 278member
    the 'day in history' widget has this as the defnition of april fools day (in part):

"April Fools' Day, or All Fools' Day, is the first day of April. In many countries, including the United States, it is the custom on this day to play tricks on people. A favorite joke is to send someone on a fool's errand, a search for something that does not exist. In the United States, the victim is called an April Fool."
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by icibaqu

the 'day in history' widget has this as the defnition of april fools day (in part):

"April Fools' Day, or All Fools' Day, is the first day of April. In many countries, including the United States, it is the custom on this day to play tricks on people. A favorite joke is to send someone on a fool's errand, a search for something that does not exist. In the United States, the victim is called an April Fool."

lol, oh well.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    can anyone hear Steve say... "During March and into April we had a BILLION hits on the website .... aBILLION HITS!.... i think thats AMAZING."

yeah stevie... when you SET IT UP! for a billion hits from hardware hungery mac fans nice trick.... you got us!