I am officially done with Safari

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    wow, tab expose is nice! and it even spaces them out evenly, unlike expose's normal "i'll fit the window wherever there's room, darn it."
  • Reply 22 of 51
    sekiosekio Posts: 150member
    Yah, tab expose is neat as hell. I never use it though because I never think of it but I'm sure I'll use it more and more as I remember it's there.
  • Reply 23 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sekio

All of my Mac web browser wet dreams have finally come true (plus more).

Enjoy them while you can. The older you get, the less you have.
  • Reply 24 of 51
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    I'll stick with my G4 processor optimized Camino with CamiTools installed. It is the best combination that I have found.
  • Reply 25 of 51
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Sorry, I'm sticking with Shiia. Why is everyone so upset about this?

Quote:

Originally posted by Relic

Fan-boy love for (Apple) Safari, no biggy. It's hard to criticize anything Apple related here without getting the "no way are you crazy" rebuttal. Between you and me I don't use any (i)software from Apple because they lack in features. Except for iSync, I need it for my Nokia 9500.

Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

It's pure fanboism. Ignore it. I like Shiira and use it ocassionally. My main browser is Camino, followed by Firefox. I have Camino set to identify as Firefox so it works with almost all pages that require Firefox in one way or another.

Safari may be more frequently used when it's ad-blocking doesn't suck compared to AdBlock and/or CamiTools.

WTF are ya'll talking about? Read the thread. A few people think Shiira isn't as elegant, a few think it isn't as stable, a few suggest Safari add ons that extend functionality and most suggest other, non-Apple browsers that they like over Safari.

Nobody is getting "upset", nobody is claiming the Sekio is "crazy", nobody is being a "fanboi".

I think you need to readjust your instruments.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

A few people think Shiira isn't as elegant, a few think it isn't as stable, a few suggest Safari add ons that extend functionality and most suggest other, non-Apple browsers that they like over Safari.

I've never heard of it until now.
  • Reply 27 of 51
    crampy20crampy20 Posts: 68member
    Quote:

Sorry, I'm sticking with Shiia. Why is everyone so upset about this?

Because they all hate a single bad word agaisnt SJ or apple. They have little logic about the whole thing and just take it as a personal isnult.

Personally i can never see a reason to switch a browser unless you are trying to make a point. But i am sure you are not doing that, and this is meerly my opinion.
  • Reply 28 of 51
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Opera and Firefox are the only two real browsers left in my opinion. Their standards-compliance, extensibility, and stability are excellent. Not being able to change themes and add plugins is a serious drawback with Safari.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Opera and Firefox are the only two real browsers left in my opinion. Their standards-compliance, extensibility, and stability are excellent. Not being able to change themes and add plugins is a serious drawback with Safari.

To be honest, so few people care about add-ins and plugins. I am more geekier than most and the only thing i have downloaded is a wikipedia search opetion, but thats only cos i am an editor there!

And with Firefox i disagree with your standards compliance thing utterly. When i built a website, i had FAR more problems compiling it for firefox than ANYTHING else. And so far, i have never had a problem with safari, not a single one. So apart from that, do i have a reason to switch over? NO

and neither do most people.
  • Reply 30 of 51
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crampy20

And with Firefox i disagree with your standards compliance thing utterly. When i built a website, i had FAR more problems compiling it for firefox than ANYTHING else.

That's pretty strange given that IE6/7 totally fail in any standards test.

The problem may be in your coding, rather than Firefox's support for standards.

I think Konqueror 3.5.2 is a pretty decent browser as well.
  • Reply 31 of 51
    Quote:

That's pretty strange given that IE6/7 totally fail in any standards test.

The problem may be in your coding, rather than Firefox's support for standards.

I think Konqueror 3.5.2 is a pretty decent browser as well.

True

But whenever i type code and then pass it through the IE checker... hey wait there isnt one, i suppose macromedia just PRESUMES there wont be a problem.

And as for the "standards test" i can be 99% sure that that was false press aimed to stab MS. Think about all the false press apple gets? well that ANYTHING gets?

never trust people with priorities.
  • Reply 32 of 51
    Quote:

Because they all hate a single bad word agaisnt SJ or apple. They have little logic about the whole thing and just take it as a personal isnult.

Sorry, don't mean to belabor this because it is somewhat OT, but, again, WTF are you talking about?

Where in this thread is anyone saying anything that could be construed as what you describe?

The notion seems to be that an assertion of preference of a third party app over Apple's version is simply objectively correct, meaning that the only possible reason anyone would respond that they prefer the Apple offering is witless, irrational "fanboiism",

I almost get the feeling that there's sort of a reverse snobbery going on, whereby the effort to "prove" that one is a hard-nosed computer user, with nothing in common with those awful "Maclots", leads to calling out "zealots" whether they're around or not.

Not helpful, and sort of irritating on what is, after all, a Mac user's enthusiast site.
  • Reply 33 of 51
    I retract my unpresendented unprovoked rude bigot comment
  • Reply 34 of 51
    Sorry i just read your comment whereas before i didnt, i just replied to make you happy.

My problem is that Apple fans are so (excuse me) fucking unrealistic.

I was saying that the reason that everyone under the sun was shouting at this guy for switching from safari was not based on logic or truth or fact. It was based on the fact that they had dared slander apple's software then made stupid comments (which reveals their real ignorance) about reasons to keep safari. JUST TO KEEP ANOTHER MACO.

A single bad work results in thousands of people slagging of the guy without really taking the situation or actually reading the whole thing! Most of it is completly unprecendented and well stupid. Mac users think they are so superior cos they are using a mac, ask them to give you a reason and they will come up with BS that is so easy to proove wrong.

I love apple... dont get me wrong. A little realism here and there wont hurt.
  • Reply 35 of 51
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

I was saying that the reason that everyone under the sun was shouting at this guy for switching from safari was not based on logic or truth or fact. It was based on the fact that they had dared slander apple's software then made stupid comments (which reveals their real ignorance) about reasons to keep safari. JUST TO KEEP ANOTHER MACO.

See, you're still missing the point. The point is no one was shouting at all. Seriously, go back and read through the thread again. It was some perfectly reasonable discussion with some people prefering other 3rd party browsers, and some people prefering safari.
  • Reply 36 of 51
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

See, you're still missing the point. The point is no one was shouting at all. Seriously, go back and read through the thread again. It was some perfectly reasonable discussion with some people prefering other 3rd party browsers, and some people prefering safari.

Right. Believe me, it's not like I think it's impossible for Apple fans to work up a head of steam, it's just that in this case they haven't.

I think this is a case of carrying over some feelings from another discussion?
  • Reply 37 of 51
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Not helpful, and sort of irritating on what is, after all, a Mac user's enthusiast site.

Yeah and third-party apps are Mac apps, so no reason for you to get 'irritated' because someone preferes them over Apple's apps.
  • Reply 38 of 51
    Quote:

Yeah and third-party apps are Mac apps, so no reason for you to get 'irritated' because someone preferes them over Apple's apps.

OK, now I'm wondering if there's something in the water? You can't possibly be that obtuse.

If you have read what I've had to say about the oddly unmotivated name calling and decided that my point is that I'm bugged because people are using third party apps, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
  • Reply 39 of 51
    Now i really dont know whos talking to who....

?

sigh
  • Reply 40 of 51
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

To be honest, so few people care about add-ins and plugins. I am more geekier than most and the only thing i have downloaded is a wikipedia search opetion, but thats only cos i am an editor there!

And with Firefox i disagree with your standards compliance thing utterly. When i built a website, i had FAR more problems compiling it for firefox than ANYTHING else. And so far, i have never had a problem with safari, not a single one. So apart from that, do i have a reason to switch over? NO

and neither do most people.

Everybody who knows how to install plugins, does. There are so many great Firefox plugins, like spellcheckers, downloaders that make your downloads move five tiems faster, UI modifications, etc. They're so easy to install and integrated in one place. Same with the themes.

And was your website passing the W3C Validator? If not, you can't blame any browser for not formatting correctly.