What apple should have done for their 30th Anniversary!!!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If they had 10.4.6 and the Macbook available and they did not want to do something big on their anniversary itself, this is what they should have done. They also could have stayed with their software on saturday, hardware on tuesday policy. They could release 10.4.6 on April 1. Then, on tuesday, release the macbook and say "April Fools, we did have something." What do you think about that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    OMG SO FUNNY.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tick629

What do you think about that?

I think you should probably stick with the day job.
  • Reply 3 of 24
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    What is with all the threads about Saturday? Why would anybody in their right minds have seriously expected a major announcement on a Saturday? Isn't there a press event for Tuesday, anyway?

Really, people. All the OMG Im soooo disappointed!!! stuff is lame. If Apple has a product to release, they'll release it. But NOT on a friggin' Saturday.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    What I'm dissapointed about is the fact that they didn't even put up a cool graphic on their site, announcing their big birthday. It seems like this huge 30th birthday went by un-noticed from Apple. Or maybe even a discount on the Apple Store, something to celebrate, would have been enough to appease my need for a party. Nope, all we get is that same, VERY OLD webpage that has stayed unchanged for almost 5 weeks. What's going on APPLE?
  • Reply 5 of 24
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkDifferent

What's going on APPLE?

They have lives?
  • Reply 6 of 24
    tick629tick629 Posts: 13member
    What press release is scheduled for tuesday? Any information ie. webpages, newspapers?
  • Reply 7 of 24
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:

What press release is scheduled for tuesday? Any information ie. webpages, newspapers?

None, pure speculation
  • Reply 8 of 24
    appelappel Posts: 69member
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

What is with all the threads about Saturday? Why would anybody in their right minds have seriously expected a major announcement on a Saturday? Isn't there a press event for Tuesday, anyway?

Really, people. All the OMG Im soooo disappointed!!! stuff is lame. If Apple has a product to release, they'll release it. But NOT on a friggin' Saturday.

Your right. No company makes huge releases at the weekend.

What I'd like to see from Apple is not dual booting, XP and OS X. A whole new leave from Apple. Some suggestions, Mini Book. It would be a sub-size laptop, like this lovely machine.

Mini Laptop

Or for those who are lazy, and can't be bothered to follow links (trust me, people like this do exist), it looks like this.

• Reply 9 of 24
    atomichamatomicham Posts: 185member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThinkDifferent

Nope, all we get is that same, VERY OLD webpage that has stayed unchanged for almost 5 weeks. What's going on APPLE?

Calling attention to your company simply because some paperwork was filed 30 years ago smacks of desperation (think 20th Anniversary Mac). What a sad person who throws a birthday party for themself.

Apple is riding high in the press, but is also being accused (by many in these forums) of over-hyping their own gatherings. They are better to just move on. It is a corporation--an entity on paper. It isn't a birthday.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    You don't sound like a regular Apple fan. For most user's, Apple isn't just a corporate machine (like Dell), it is something special. A company that has impeccable customer service and delivers impeccable products.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    tick629tick629 Posts: 13member
    I agree 100%!!!!
  • Reply 12 of 24
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by appel

Wow. Least usable computer EVAR. I don't even want to think of all the medical consequences from using that. But hey, IT RUNS KDE!!!11 on LINUX!!!!!!1111 so it must be good, right.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Coming from someone who hasn't used one.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Define 'press release' and then get back to us... \
  • Reply 15 of 24
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

If they had 10.4.6 and the Macbook available and they did not want to do something big on their anniversary itself, this is what they should have done. They also could have stayed with their software on saturday, hardware on tuesday policy. They could release 10.4.6 on April 1. Then, on tuesday, release the macbook and say "April Fools, we did have something." What do you think about that?

However, I still expect some announcement this month.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DaveGee

Define 'press release' and then get back to us... \

I was a victim of foggy memory. It was just speculation.

Birthday or no, Press event or no, I'm sure the really smart engineers and programmers at Apple are all busily working their little hinies off to bring us great new geek stuff as soon as humanly possible. No need for anyone to get all in a lather.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    atomichamatomicham Posts: 185member
    Quote:

You don't sound like a regular Apple fan. For most user's, Apple isn't just a corporate machine (like Dell), it is something special. A company that has impeccable customer service and delivers impeccable products.

Oh, I'm a big fan of Apple and its products (I've been buying their products since I first played with a Bell & Howell version of the II back in HS). I just think that the whole anthropomorphic nature that people attach to a day a corporation was founded is a little peculiar... If it weren't for Steve Jobs (first in the 70s and then again in the 90s), there wouldn't even be an Apple.

Now that it has passed, maybe we can focus on when we'll get some new intel models.8)
  • Reply 18 of 24
    No problem, I don't necessarily think 30th is a huge milestone. 25th, 40th, 50th, and 100th are, but 30th is just a bit random.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

However, I still expect some announcement this month.

This reminds of the end scene of The Maltese Falcon. All during the movie Kasper Gutman and Joel Cairo are searching for the falcon. Finally the moment of truth arrives and they have it. Then Guman takes out a knife and scrapes off some of the covering only to discover it is a forgery. For a few moments they are totally despondent. Then they raise a new hope, a clue may have been misinterpreted, it was the Russian, he must have it, and off they go to chase it again. Endlessly chasing the Maltese Falcon.

We go through the same thing here. We build up our hopes and when they are dashed we simply raise them again. Great fun!
  • Reply 20 of 24
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

No problem, I don't necessarily think 30th is a huge milestone. 25th, 40th, 50th, and 100th are, but 30th is just a bit random.

I speak to you when it's your 30th birthday... in 2021