Is Front Row for Intel Macs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    appelappel Posts: 69member
    Thats a really good idea crampy20, Apple will need to sit down and talk all this out, because there is already places on the net offering full-res movie downloads.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    crampy20crampy20 Posts: 68member
    (except I displayed my argument awfully)
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Yeah, had to read it a few times, but it's fine.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DeaPeaJay

What's your widget?

My BARTsmart Dashboard widget provides BART train schedules, news, and alerts. BART is the Bay Area wide transit system connecting San Francisco, Oakland, and dozens of other cities in the region. I ride it daily to commute from Berkeley to San Francisco.

I'd add a link to wikipedia which has a bunch of information about BART, but it seems to be down at the moment.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    I'm REALLY new to widgets, I have basic knowledge of them.

Is this widget just for a particular area of the US
  • Reply 26 of 27
    deapeajaydeapeajay Posts: 909member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

My BARTsmart Dashboard widget provides BART train schedules, news, and alerts. BART is the Bay Area wide transit system connecting San Francisco, Oakland, and dozens of other cities in the region. I ride it daily to commute from Berkeley to San Francisco.

I'd add a link to wikipedia which has a bunch of information about BART, but it seems to be down at the moment.

That's pretty cool, I have no need for it though. I want to write a widget eventually, I just can't get inspired to do it until I can think of something useful.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Front Row will probably be available for all Intel macs. However, for the new towers, I wonder where the IR sensor will go. I'd say it could be relocated to the screen but then you're screwed if you use a non-Apple display.

Then again, I don't want to be pointing my IR remote at the floor towards the tower rather than at the screen I want to control.

My PC has an IR receptor that plugs into the USB port so I can put it anywhere. Maybe they'll do that.