Apple quietly pushing revised MacBook Pros to market

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    ///LCD displays that have a tendency to flicker uncontrollably when the brightness is set to the lowest setting.///

but its NOT uncontrolable if all you have to do is increase the brightness on notch... or does that not cure it?
  • Reply 42 of 48
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Trendannoyer

///LCD displays that have a tendency to flicker uncontrollably when the brightness is set to the lowest setting.///

but its NOT uncontrolable if all you have to do is increase the brightness on notch... or does that not cure it?

mine kind of does that in a medium to low lighted room if i have the ambient light sensors enabled. I hate those things, so i have them disabled anyways, and it never happens.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    My W8610 MBP too has some extreme heat issues coming from the vent(s) by the F-keys. I understand some heat is acceptable, but to the point where I feel like I might burn myself doesn't seem to be alright. It also gets almost too hot to keep in my lap, but I have a relatively high tolerance for that. Very slighty processor whine, no biggie. When I pick up my laptop by the center at the latch the battery sinks into the rest of the computer noticably, not sure if that is of much concern, but kind of irked me the first time it happened. I too have a trackpad that will "go to sleep" for a few seconds. I also get drops in my Wi-Fi signal, most notably on an AirPort Extreme Basestation, less so with my Linksys (but i have range extenders on it so maybe it counteracts it to some extent). I havent installed the 163MB upgrade for 10.4.6 yet... waiting until i get on my fat connection at work later today.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by doh123

i have an old (ha.. old) MacBook Pro, its W8607XXXXXX series. It did have a bad buzzing LCD inverter, but i swapped that part out and it fixed it. I can faintly hear the CPU idle whine if its quite enough in the room. Other than that its great, there are none of the other listed problems.

Same for me i received my MB 2.0 serie : W8607*** beginning March and i only have encountered once the connectivity issue after the sleep mode
  • Reply 45 of 48
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    i just traded in my macbook for a new one. the sheer thought of having to deal with a faulty logic board down the line pompted me to go and just do the switch.

i got a new macbook on the spot W8613

the book was off the line on the first of this month, shipped on the 3rd, and i just got it.

there is no lcd whine but there is still the cpu whine.

i hope some kind of firmware fixes that.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    jxfreakjxfreak Posts: 138member
    My friend has one of the first revisions of the MBP (I converted this dude from a Win user). Anyways, his case is not quite flush as there is some warping in the front as well as the airport issue. Heat issue as well.I want my friend to get his replaced. The airport issue alone is annoying enough but his arm hair gets stuck between the warpings.

Well, we took it to a Apple store in SD to have it replaced and the Genius adamantly said it was within acceptable limits and would not budge. How are you guys getting your MBP's replaced? what do you tell them?
  • Reply 47 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Elixir

i just traded in my macbook for a new one. the sheer thought of having to deal with a faulty logic board down the line pompted me to go and just do the switch.

i got a new macbook on the spot W8613

the book was off the line on the first of this month, shipped on the 3rd, and i just got it.

there is no lcd whine but there is still the cpu whine.

i hope some kind of firmware fixes that.

I doubt that a firmware will fix this issue but a software update should do it.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jxfreak

My friend has one of the first revisions of the MBP (I converted this dude from a Win user). Anyways, his case is not quite flush as there is some warping in the front as well as the airport issue. Heat issue as well.I want my friend to get his replaced. The airport issue alone is annoying enough but his arm hair gets stuck between the warpings.

Well, we took it to a Apple store in SD to have it replaced and the Genius adamantly said it was within acceptable limits and would not budge. How are you guys getting your MBP's replaced? what do you tell them?

the announcement apple has made was (i believe) strictly for the lcd whine issue.

i went in and spoke up a storm, put my ear to some macbooks on display... the tech (like usual) only admitted to hearing the problem from one customer that came in. so i showed him the whines.... i told him i had the LCD whine, (which is the only real issue that can gurantee you a replaced macbook).

one of the other supervisors heard me speaking, walked in the back, and came out with a new box.... "here just switch em"

from what i heard from the supervisor apple isn't even replacing logic boards, they are just doing in store switches.

obviously if they can get away with sending your macbook in then they will.

however its an official announcement.