Apple's Jobs tweaks his $9M glass cube

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by jeffharris

........ The New York Museum of Natural History used the same stuff for the Hayden Planetarium glass cube.

You're obviously talking about the inner cube not the outer cube right? the inner cube looks cool and fairly seamless, the outer cube structure has big ass support structures which would be what jobs would detest.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by sunilraman

Originally posted by jeffharris

........ The New York Museum of Natural History used the same stuff for the Hayden Planetarium glass cube.

You're obviously talking about the inner cube not the outer cube right? the inner cube looks cool and fairly seamless, the outer cube structure has big ass support structures which would be what jobs would detest.

No, I'm talking about the outer structure.

I'll be in the area later today, I'll take a camera and see if I can get some pictures of the glass panel connectors.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by blue2kdave

So some people are commenting on Steve's sanity, and others seem to see it as a piece of art. However I am left with the question of what symbolism it might contain. Certainly Steve has been fascinated with cubes for quite awhile. But what would a cube might represent to Steve? I have some ideas, but would like to see what others see first.

here is an ancient cubist-symbolism-laden quicktime collage,

done long before iApps came to the fore -- i don't remember

if this is sorenson codec #1 or #2 ...

http://homepage.mac.com/retiarius/kube.mov

Quote:

Originally posted by ascii

I wish I knew what it (the Cube) meant/stood for.