PiperJaffray updates expectations for future Apple products

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by melgross

But you negate the entire concept once you put preferences in, don't you?

That same idiot who WILL watch while riding a bike will simply set the prefs to allow himself to do so.

It's why Apple has set maximum volume in its European iPods, as the law there specs. After all, any intellegent person will NEVER set the volume too high, right?

Some idiot will sue when their child rollerblades and gets into an "accident."

The idiocy of the average person should never be underestimated. With this "pro-active" vision they will shield themselves from this stupidity.

Resetting the system to allow them to ride off a cliff will leave them with zero legal grounds for their family to sue.

This is the world we live in.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mdriftmeyer

That way we don't need to read about the moron who caused a five car pileup because he was too busy watching his video iPod while driving down I-5, etc.

• Reply 43 of 47
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

case in point.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

Morons are morons... If he didn't have an iPod he would be doing crosswords on his steering wheel.
  • Reply 45 of 47
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacRonin

How come I only notice my spelling errors after you have quoted me??!?

Sometimes, I don't notice mine at all!
  • Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:

Some idiot will sue when their child rollerblades and gets into an "accident."

The idiocy of the average person should never be underestimated. With this "pro-active" vision they will shield themselves from this stupidity.

Resetting the system to allow them to ride off a cliff will leave them with zero legal grounds for their family to sue.

This is the world we live in.

Look at smoking. EVERYONE knows that it causes heart disease, cancer, and interacts with thousands of other chemicals to make us, and our children in our homes sick.

There have been Congressional hearings, programs about the dangers, ads on tv warning us. And, of course, warnings on the packs themselves.

But, if some dumb moron has half his lung removed because of it, he sues, and WINS!!!

There should be NO overides allowed!
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:

case in point.

Exactly!