Time to make things fun..

Comments

• Reply 221 of 622
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    Yep, a little nostalgia never hurt anyone. Shit, a lot of the games are still fun to play.
  • Reply 222 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

Yep, a little nostalgia never hurt anyone. Shit, a lot of the games are still fun to play.

I don't like the newer 3D games. I find them more difficult to play. I prefer the older ones. NES to PSX is my range.
  • Reply 223 of 622
    If only they had save cards back then though...

I'm not a fan of Xbox... please don't flame me... \
  • Reply 224 of 622
    Quote:

If only they had save cards back then though...

I agree.

Quote:

That's cool.
  • Reply 225 of 622
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Glad I am not the only one, like 20 buttons on the controller, a gazillion menus just to get to the game...so much crap...just give me sonic or SMB, where the only option was 1 or 2 player, then you went right to the game...and all functions of the controller could easily be used without evolving a third hand.
  • Reply 226 of 622
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

I bought a Gameboy Advance SP a few days ago on Ebay, I'll be buying a flashcart so I can load roms onto it. Then it'll be a while of exploring the NES and GBC.
  • Reply 227 of 622
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    real geeks run emulators on their PC's (or macs). WinUAE is really cool, running Amiga demo discs from 1992.
  • Reply 228 of 622
    Marc: You're gone for a while, and that's all you have to say? I'm crushed.
  • Reply 229 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

real geeks run emulators on their PC's (or macs). WinUAE is really cool, running Amiga demo discs from 1992.

Forty pounds and a diesel generator aren't as convenient to carry around for some quick Pokémon and Super Mario as an Advance SP is.
  • Reply 230 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Forty pounds and a diesel generator aren't as convenient to carry around for some quick Pokémon and Super Mario as an Advance SP is.

A real geek would have a macbook running windows, emulating amiga, emulating c64, emulating a zx80 running pong.

You just earn geekdom too easy these days.
  • Reply 231 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

A real geek would have a macbook running windows, emulating amiga, emulating c64, emulating a zx80 running pong.

You just earn geekdom too easy these days.

Well, Mr Real geek, do you have the winning lottery numbers...so this real geek can afford better stuff?
  • Reply 232 of 622
    Now you all know he's talking completely out of his ass, right?

I'd love for anyone here to truthfully say they have operated an Altair. How's that for Geek?
  • Reply 233 of 622
    Quote:

Now you all know he's talking completely out of his ass, right?

I'd love for anyone here to truthfully say they have operated an Altair. How's that for Geek?

yeah, i know, a_greer is talking outta his...[pause]...you mean me?

Never done Altair, but I did do RyanAir once.

Ps Macdoll, i was all set to get a macbook, but as I was coming home Sunday night, and 'Bambi' jumped out infront of my car doing 60mph and took half my car away with him to Valhalla.

Nothing like the sound of crunching bones is there?
  • Reply 234 of 622
    Quote:

oooooo....ahhhhhhh...I bow before you, oh Altair opp!

I will see the altair and rais you an abicus!

• Reply 235 of 622
    Quote:

[B

Splinemodel: Too bad about your pink anodizing. Body oils are a bastard, aren't they?

[/B]

I thought the only time that guys could buy anything in pink was if it was a gift for a girlfriend...I think that may acctually be a man-law!

And if my math is correct, based on all the guys hitting on you in this thread, Mac_doll, you could probably pick up half-a-dozen!

BTW Nice pic! finally, a chick into computers who doesnt wear thicker glasses than I do!!!

edited to fix a typo
  • Reply 236 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

I will see the altair and rais you an abicus!

• Reply 237 of 622
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

I thought the only time that guys could buy anything in pink was if it was a gift for a girlfriend...

I guess you haven't seen the inside of an American Eagle, Abercrombie, Hollister, Gap, or Aeropostale lately, huh?

It's "in," but it's still wrong.
  • Reply 238 of 622
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I guess you haven't seen the inside of an American Eagle, Abercrombie, Hollister, Gap, or Aeropostale lately, huh?

It's "in," but it's still wrong.

PPL who shop at those places are...let us just say... of poor judgment...or rich pocketbook.

The fact is I can look better shopping at Macys or JC pennies or, The mens warehouse for like half the cost of those stores...

By the way: Why do people spend like $50 to ADVERTISE for these crappy stores? "Look at me! I paid $50 for a 50/50 T-shirt!!! I am Hip!!! I have no confedence in myself!!!"
  • Reply 239 of 622
    Those types of fashion boutiques all seem extremely strange to me for some reason. Oddly superficial.
  • Reply 240 of 622
    The most sick thing that I saw in these kinds of shops was bought by a friend of mine; $80 for jeans with holes in the knees...If my girlfriend or wife (at the moment I have neither,) ever came home with that, I would cut her charge cards and take all of her cash for her own safety!

edited:

I would also recomend a streight jacket to be her next accessory!