MBP 17 inch just shipped!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I checked the order status on my 17 inch MBP tonight...and i was very happy and surprised to see that it shipped earlier today!! According to FedEx...it should be here by Wednesday, May 10. Finally...my MBP is on its way from China Only a few more days now

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Aw. Mine isn't even scheduled to ship until the 10th.

- Xidius
  • Reply 2 of 23
    stuffnjunkstuffnjunk Posts: 23member
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

Aw. Mine isn't even scheduled to ship until the 10th.

- Xidius

I ordered mine on Monday April 24th...as soon as I logged onto apple.com in the morning and saw that they were available...I got really excited and ordered one right away...it was scheduled to ship on May 8th...so yours should be shipping soon I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
  • Reply 3 of 23
    scarecrowscarecrow Posts: 148member
    Mine too had shipped.

It was scheduled to ship on May 9th.

But it shipped on Sat. the 6th with delivery from FedEx on Wed. the 10th.

Woot!

Cant wait.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    cory bauercory bauer Posts: 1,286member
    Mine wasn't supposed to arrive till May 15th originally, and now it's arriving Wednesday, May 10th. Not only did they ship it early, but they upped me from standard 5-day shipping to express 2-day for free. Thanks Apple
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Yes, I think they are doing that for everyone.

In fact, that is why I didn't upgrade the shipping either.. because they always seem to ship 2day fedex anyways...
  • Reply 6 of 23
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Mine was originally coming in on the 16th, now it is coming in on the 10th.

It was CTO and I ordered it on the 29th.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Cool...it looks like several people will be getting their new 17 inch MBPs on Wednesday It seems like I've been waiting soo long...lol...this will be my first Mac! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning or something...lol Now its time to go check Fedex website for more tracking info...lol...like that speeds things up or anything
  • Reply 8 of 23
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Keep us posted on these babies once you get them. I'm curious to know if the 'whine' that has annoyed some users of the 15in MBP is going to exist on the 17in. Also wonder if heat will be a problem and what battery life will be. Can't wait to hear your experiences with these issues.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by StuffNJunk

Now its time to go check Fedex website for more tracking info...lol...like that speeds things up or anything

Apparently it does. I just checked my tracking info and my 17" Macbook Pro is already at the destination sort facility in my neighboring city. Still says May 10th delivery though; will they really let it just sit at the facility for three days?

backtomac, I'll definitely chime in on whine and heat issues. I ordered it the day of announcement, confident that Apple wouldn't let the 15" MacBook Pro's issues carry over to the 17". We'll see if I gave them more credit than I should have.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    Well...I hope mine ships this week. I ordered on Friday. I waited until the week of the 2nd to look for them in the stores. I don't have an Apple store in my town, but was traveling to Chicago on the 4th and 5th, so I thought I'd pick it up then. Unfortunately, they weren't there, so I ordered late...oh well...getting a new comp is good enough.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cory Bauer

Apparently it does. I just checked my tracking info and my 17" Macbook Pro is already at the destination sort facility in my neighboring city. Still says May 10th delivery though; will they really let it just sit at the facility for three days?

Mine still says it is in China...bummer...If yours is in the destination sort facility in a neighboring city...I bet you will get yours before Wednesday...maybe even Monday or Tuesday. On my details page at FedEx, it does say Package received after FedEx cutoff time...that's probably why mine did not make any further

Good luck on getting that new Mac home a little sooner than expected!!
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Yeah, mine's still in China as well.. did not make the cut-off.

Maybe if they deliver tomorrow, we might get some reports back by tomorrow afternoon.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    I'm typing this on a beautiful new 17" MacBook Pro that I picked up at the Fed-Ex facility on my way to work this morning. It's official, they have arrived.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    jetsterjetster Posts: 2member
    mine just got delivered here in San Francisco, CA 8:51am via Fed Ex... the tracking site said it was scheduled for Wednesday.... looks like they are arriving early.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Finally shipped. Should be here in 3 days!

- Xidius
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by >_>

Finally shipped. Should be here in 3 days!

- Xidius

When did you order? Also, what was the estimated ship date. I'm on pins a needles waiting for my status to change from "Not yet shipped" to "Shipped".
  • Reply 17 of 23
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Saw on Anandtech that Merom motherboards will be backwards compatible with Yonah. Does that mean current MBPs could be upgraded to Merom chips when available?
  • Reply 18 of 23
    jetsterjetster Posts: 2member
    I ordered the day they came availabe estimated ship date was May 8th with May 11th delivery, FED EX site said May 10th, came first buisness day delivery today...
  • Reply 19 of 23
    Mine is still not here....but that is cool that some people got theirs already...I am hoping for tomorrow...please FedEx please

For those of you who got yours already...maybe you could show us some pictures of your new MBP...maybe that would hold me over until mine gets here...lol
  • Reply 20 of 23
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    photos! photos!