Coke Blak? Where?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I am looking all over the Kansas City area for Coke Blak.

Where the heck can I buy it?

The Coke Blak website is HORRIBLE. no useful information at all.

Have you tried it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Yes. Tastes like carbonated coffee mixed with cola or something like that. The aftertaste is pretty awful.
  • Reply 2 of 30
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    They were giving it out free on the street one day. Not too good.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    I've seen a ton of it in stores around here, it looks and sounds horrible, but that's just my opinion. I don't think I'd ever actually drink the stuff.
  • Reply 4 of 30
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Target stores have it. It's actually not bad (though I had the same aversion to the concept). definitely has a significant caffeine hit to it. and it's only 45 calories per bottle. but the best part...?

when you're done, you can peel off the label and keep the cool 8 oz. glass bottle without any coca-cola branding on it. the shape is so iconic, i love it, and it leaves a lot of creative possibilities open without a logo on it.
  • Reply 5 of 30
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I think this may be prime time to bring up the perennial "favorite soda thread." . . .
  • Reply 6 of 30
    I just bought a four pack of coke blak at Walmart yesterday, which should indicate that it's not that hard to come by anymore.

I'm drinking it now. The taste is alright, and I'd say that it's vastly preferable to the bottled coffee drinks sold by Starbucks.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Hey, d, I was down at the Target in Branson this weekend and they had it. I'd guess the ones around here have them too. They weren't with the Coke products, but more near the pre-made mixed drinks. Good luck!
  • Reply 8 of 30
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Dr. Pepper. I seriously don't understand how anybody could claim that anything is better.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    audiopollutionaudiopollution Posts: 3,226member
    I'll see your Dr. Pepper and raise with a Dandelion & Burdock.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Dr. Pepper. . .

Coke Blak is a very different type of soda than Dr. Pepper, or for that matter Coke. I bought it in the energy drinks section, but it's not exactly an energy drink either. It's coffee soda.

In Florida in the summer, it's just too damn hot to drink regular coffee. There's a good chance that coke blak will find its way into my morning routine. While we're on the topic of 2nd tier sodas, though, has anyone had Vernors? I like it, but I had never heard of it before moving to central FL. Apparently it's a Detroit product.
  • Reply 11 of 30
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Wait a minute. Coca-Cola is making some kind of coke-coffee thing and they're calling it Coke Blak?

Before we discuss availability can't we pause to ask the obvious question, "Oh dear lord, why must they torment us with their endless bullshit?"

Having said that, I've recently been working with K-12 kids and it is my observation that from about 12 years old up they are continuously slamming whatever energy drink du jour has found favor with their peeps.

Which is, of course, exactly what the world needs: adolescents jacked up on massive doses of caffeine, taurine, gingko, carnitine, B12 and god knows what else. This on top of their customary 5 pounds of sugar a day.

I dunno, are energy drinks being secretly funded by the methamphetamine industry as a recruitment aid? What will the world look like when most people have been absolutely wired since they were 12?
  • Reply 12 of 30
    hxc04hxc04 Posts: 145member
    I shelled out 2 bucks for that crap, it was terrible. Try it, but don't have high hopes.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

I'll see your Dr. Pepper and raise with a Dandelion & Burdock.

I stopped at "tasting of licorice with a pungent aftertaste" and then stopped a second time at "Traditionally it is made from fermented dandelion".

My personal favorite drink has been Vitaminwater as of late because I've tired of carbonation, juice isn't refreshing, and having the vague reassurance that it's got vitamins encourages me further.

• Reply 14 of 30
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Having said that, I've recently been working with K-12 kids and it is my observation that from about 12 years old up they are continuously slamming whatever energy drink du jour has found favor with their peeps.

I can see this being a problem, but it will probably phase out as the fad slows down. We used to drink "Double Jolt" back in the day which, as it turns out, has about as much caffeine per serving as a Rockstar drink. The taurine stuff is just glorified vitamin B. The other fact is that a cup of coffee has a lot more caffeine in it than any energy drink.

On another note, for the record, I got my Coke Blak for $1 per bottle ($4 for 4 pack). I wouldn't have paid $2 for it, but it wasn't bad. I've had other coffee sodas in the past and it is the best one I can remember.
  • Reply 15 of 30
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    The Vitamin water "Energy" is the best for a hangover.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Dr. Pepper. I seriously don't understand how anybody could claim that anything is better.

Naw, give me the smoooth flavors of a SOCOnCoke any day over Dr Pepper!

The only way to drink Coke-a-cola is mixed with hard booze; coffee is for woosies!!!!!
  • Reply 17 of 30
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Which is, of course, exactly what the world needs: adolescents jacked up on massive doses of caffeine, taurine, gingko, carnitine, B12 and god knows what else. This on top of their customary 5 pounds of sugar a day.

I dunno, are energy drinks being secretly funded by the methamphetamine industry as a recruitment aid? What will the world look like when most people have been absolutely wired since they were 12?

Well, the US could start by ending their asinine public high school practice of letting food companies sponsor the cafeteria.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    Coffee is for people under 21.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Coffee is for people under 21.

<nelson>

HAHA!

</nelson>
  • Reply 20 of 30
    mrblack08mrblack08 Posts: 42member
    I live in lenexa, which is a suburb of Kansas City and I got mine at Hen House, and I've seen fleming gas stations with them.