7 Steps to Delete a Shortcut in Vista

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Enjoy.......... (image below)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member

That's all I can say. MS can polish the look but they have a way to go on the feel.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    I wouldn't call that look polished. It's like a shinier XP. In other words, they took the Fisher Price toys and gave 'em a nice shine. Pathetic.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I think it looks pretty slick. The Mac OS X look has gotten to be a bit hackneyed. I'll probably tool around with a Vista theme for a bit on Shapeshifter if somebody makes one.

I hope they fix those errors though, seems like a pretty obnoxious OS to work with at present.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Only one of those steps can be set to be the same every time too. I'm sure that will be something they fix though.
  • Reply 5 of 32
    Yeah, and if that file he was deleting was in fact important, I don't blame the delay.
  • Reply 6 of 32
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

The Mac OS X look has gotten to be a bit hackneyed.

I kind of agree.

There are elements of the Vista GUI that I like, but overall I think it looks cluttered, disorganised, and can sometimes be almost overwhelming.

I'm expecting Apple to deliver further tweaks to Aqua with 10.5, and I'm thinking that a sort of cross between Aqua and "Glass" (Vista's GUI) would be nice. I'd like to see a bit of "squaring up" (i.e., not make them totally straight-edged, just straighter) in some of Aqua's more curvy GUI elements (such as the scroll-bar bar and large buttons), and the use of some slightly deeper colour shades such as those used in Vista.
  • Reply 7 of 32
    I think more customizability in general would be nice.
  • Reply 8 of 32
    mynameheremynamehere Posts: 560member
    Quote:

Yeah, and if that file he was deleting was in fact important, I don't blame the delay.

Any way you look at it, 7 steps to delete a SHORTCUT (ie: affects virtually nothing) is still ridiculous. A one-step "Are you sure you wan't to delete X?" suffices.
  • Reply 9 of 32
    All of those people who "Accidently" deleted a file will have to find a new excuse.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Thias is talking shortcuts! Think alias in OSX, it is a virtual link to the real thing! this is fucking nuts! imagine the average new PC having 30 icons on the desktop to delete!! this is nuts!
  • Reply 11 of 32
    Quote:

The Mac OS X look has gotten to be a bit hackneyed.

Agreed, but I think it isnt as much the OS as the lack of enforced GUI pollicy thruout the company: Pull up Apature, Final Cut, Mail, Finder and iMovie, 5 apps, 5 differant GUIs and schemes... This MUST to be remedied in 10.5 if Apple doesnt want to loose a good chunk of its mass market appeal, it should have been fixed in 10.3, but there is no excuse for the level of inconcistancy in 10.4
  • Reply 12 of 32
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Agreed, but I think it isnt as much the OS as the lack of enforced GUI pollicy thruout the company: Pull up Apature, Final Cut, Mail, Finder and iMovie, 5 apps, 5 differant GUIs and schemes... This MUST to be remedied in 10.5 if Apple doesnt want to loose a good chunk of its mass market appeal, it should have been fixed in 10.3, but there is no excuse for the level of inconcistancy in 10.4

It's true that Apple messed up by introducing new GUI schemes/themes but after seeing the direction MS is going, I'm glad as hell I'm on a Mac with slight variations in schemes/themes.

Look no further than:

Win Media Player 11

Office 2007

MS Max

...to see what I mean. Talk about inconsistencies. None of these apps even have a single widget in common. You know things are bad when the close, minimize, maximize buttons don't look the same every time you switch to another app.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

It's true that Apple messed up by introducing new GUI schemes/themes but after seeing the direction MS is going, I'm glad as hell I'm on a Mac with slight variations in schemes/themes.

Look no further than:

Win Media Player 11

Office 2007

MS Max

...to see what I mean. Talk about inconsistencies. None of these apps even have a single widget in common. You know things are bad when the close, minimize, maximize buttons don't look the same every time you switch to another app.

wow...that thing is just uglyenough to start driving people away from windows! Better brush up on Ubuntu, I have a feeling I could be building a few Ubuntu systems when vista arrives...
  • Reply 14 of 32
    lakingsfnlakingsfn Posts: 141member
    Well, as the saying goes, "you can't make chicken soup out of chicken sh*t."
  • Reply 15 of 32
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Holy F****** WTF IS THIS????? (image below)

• Reply 16 of 32
    Also apparently there's no limit on the size of your desktop icons (there's your "resolution independent" GUI... NOT) (image below)

• Reply 17 of 32
    Here's a good Vista Beta screenshot site:

http://www.hyperosforum.co.uk/vista_beta.htm
  • Reply 18 of 32
    This is MS Max (image below)

• Reply 19 of 32
    MS Word 2007 (image below) HOLY CRAP

• Reply 20 of 32
    Originally posted by kim kap sol

... You know things are bad when the close, minimize, maximize buttons don't look the same every time you switch to another app...

Firstly apologies to people with lower screen resolutions, the image screenshots will widen out this forum page.

But anyway WTF!!!!!??!!!

The close, minimize and maximise buttons ARE totally different from app to app.

It's like there's a "Cool Look" (Aero GlasShit) that they're going for but it's like each UI team is operating in TOTAL ISOLATION from each other ??!!!?!