2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    *Puts on tinfoil hat*
  • Reply 22 of 25
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

I am going to disagree with you there. I would guess a majority of Mexicans that move to America, think of themselves as Americans. I know, I have plenty of Mexican friends and that is 100% the case in them. If you don't believe me, ask them and they will fight about it.

I was specifically speaking of illegal immigrants jumping fences and sprinting to get into the US. I'm saying that they are in it for the money, not becoming Americans. But I could be wrong, and my baseline for this is the attitudes of some people here about coming to the US, and that is a little unfair
  • Reply 23 of 25
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    If you guys are so worried about this stuff, then don't vote for the major parties.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

If you guys are so worried about this stuff, then don't vote for the major parties.

Yeah, because wasting 5% of the popular vote on a nobody with no chance of election is really going to help.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

[B]Yeah, because wasting 5% of the popular vote on a nobody with no chance of election is really going to help.

And thats why electoral reform, or lack of it, is subject to this closed circle.... forever keeping the people away from active participation, especially in the severely compromised form of democracy that is "representative" government.