Can YOU hear the Mosquito noise?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    No, but my mom still freaks out when I have my head near the microwave while it's on. Despite that there's a visible Faraday Cage in the glass.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

No, but my mom still freaks out when I have my head near the microwave while it's on. Despite that there's a visible Faraday Cage in the glass.

If you take a spectrum analyzer near the microwave, you'll still find a lot of noise in the 2-3GHz range. There's a LOT of power in a Microwave, and while the shielding does a fine job at disturbing phase, much of the magnitude sneaks through since the microwave signal is so powerful.

In other words, most ISM radios (e.g. WiFi) and Cellular phones have sub-1W transmitters. A microwave is 700-1500W.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    noah93noah93 Posts: 168member
    Oh Gawd that is awful! I still here that thing ringing in my ears! But I (13) generally have very good hearing. It kinda sounds like the noise my palms lcd makes , just A LOT louder. I will see if anyone else can here that later.

Noah

PS: Don't send any more of those things, they hurt like hell!

Edit: My mom (34) can hear it well from a distance, and she has really bad ears.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    I'm 37 and could hear it fine in my right ear, but not my left, where I have hearing loss at upper frequencies, but tinitus to make up for what I can't hear.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    I thought my kids were pulling my leg until my older husband of 20 years could hear it also. Needless to say I have a Dr. appt. to evaluate my hearing. I had it as loud as it would go and still did not hear anything and they were all screaming turn it down.

(I'm 44)
  • Reply 26 of 32
    ebbi97ebbi97 Posts: 1member
    haha my techer cant hear it so we drive the kidz insane by playing this lol
  • Reply 27 of 32
    hahah that is such a good idea!!! Kids are getting too clever these days. I wish I had that ringtone when I was younger.
  • Reply 28 of 32

NO My mum told me if i sat to close to the telly i'd get SQUARE EYES AND BE UGLY (i wanted to be a model at that point but hey ho forensic science it is) image

• Reply 29 of 32

Yes i hear.

• Reply 30 of 32

okay...................

• Reply 31 of 32

Yes, I hare their voice.