Apple amends designs for Boston flagship shop

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Anyone here work at an Apple Store? Tips, comments, ideas?

Just as a customer, one bit of advice: if you get hired as a Genius don't try to blow smoke up people's asses. You're going to get called out eventually and then you're going to look like an idiot. If somebody is asking you a question that you don't know the answer to, figure it out or escallate it. You're not there to be smug, you're there to make customers happy.

True story: a friend had a "Genius" explain that the reason for his iPod losing hard drives so frequently was that he was loading MP3 files on it rather than AAC.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by BosGator

The MBTA seems to bearly be interested in supporting the E line, not to mention the fact that it takes about 20 minutes to get there if you take the E line straight out.

Plus it's probably a half mile minute walk to the Apple Store after you get off the T. You ought to bike.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Hehe, well that Genius sounds like a dumbass. Thank you for the advice; have any on getting hire though? (That's what I'm interested in. I've done sales, I think I'd be good at a store.)

I've heard most people at Apple stores aren't really Appleholics--they barely know as much as we here do. I've actually not been in them much...the ones in NH seemed pretty smart I'd have to say, that's the only one besides a random Boston one I've been in.