Mac OS X 10.4.7 to deliver audio fixes, more

Comments

• Reply 21 of 72
    666666 Posts: 134member
    I'm hoping that it's the fix for the Apogee Ensemble so they can finally release it.
  • Reply 22 of 72
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Just fix my buzzing CPU on my 2 GHz MBP.
  • Reply 23 of 72
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by aplnub

Oooooh...*that* audio problem.
  • Reply 24 of 72
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 181member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. H

...if you're having kernel panics, test the RAM (extended test). If the RAM is defective, get Apple to replace it. If the RAM passes, do a clean re-install of the system and don't install any third party software. If the panics persist, demand a new machine from Apple.

I've had my 2.0Ghz white Macbook (and self-installed 2GB RAM)for four days.

No problems . I love this machine...
  • Reply 25 of 72
    i hope they offer the 2-button tap secondary click option for the MBP's. i doubt it though.
  • Reply 26 of 72
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Booga

Kernel panics on MacOS X are almost always caused by either buggy third-party drivers or bad RAM. I'd inventory what you've installed, and if you think you haven't installed any hardware drivers, then take it back to the Apple Store and have them check the RAM.

It may be true, but sometimes it very well may be the OS itself. Tiger's built in USB drivers seemed to be causing me trouble last year when about one out of every ten scans crashed my PPC Mac. I don't get that anymore, I think it cleared up around 10.4.5 or so.
  • Reply 27 of 72
    jacksyijacksyi Posts: 12member
    Quote:

Originally posted by michaelb

What MacBook kernel panics? You speak like it's a known issue?

Never seen one on my BlackBook. And in the forums, I've seen the usual isolated stories of flaking skins, orange palm rests, oversized trackpads, mooing fans, molten computers, and a lot of whiny little bitch owners who make up problems to get attention, but a reputation for kernel panics is a new one to me.

I've seen far more kernel panics on my Dual G5 2.5 (which is hardly ever, and I think was caused by yanking a USB cable at an inopportune time) than I have on my MacBook, which is NEVER.

Why don't you actually do some research before questioning me. google: macbook kernel panic headphones and see what comes up.
  • Reply 28 of 72
    sjksjk Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally posted by JackSYi

Why don't you actually do some research before questioning me. google: macbook kernel panic headphones and see what comes up.

Why don't you get less snarky before posting? You never mentioned anything related to headphones in previous posts.
  • Reply 29 of 72
    jacksyijacksyi Posts: 12member
    So you're telling me your post wasn't "snarky"?? I didn't mention headphones. But try googling: macbook kernel panics, see what you will find.
  • Reply 30 of 72
    fuyutsukifuyutsuki Posts: 293member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kritikal

i hope they offer the 2-button tap secondary click option for the MBP's. i doubt it though.

Oh no, I think it is coming. I read something at Macworld about the first MacBook test and they swapped the OS with a 15" MacBook Pro using a drive imaging app. Voila, right click goodness. It's just a matter of OS version, as the 17" MBP and MacBooks have a later build of 10.4.6. Presumably 10.4.7 will bring all of them up to date.
  • Reply 31 of 72
    - ?(r)?z -- ?(r)?z - Posts: 127member
    I always anticipate and enjoy new OS X Tiger updates, but I would love it if Apple would actually pay attention to the Apple OS X Tiger comments that I've sent them regarding the exterior color of folders.

All of the folders' exterior colors is the same Blue. I've requested that Apple make the exterior color of folders changable to the already available colors of a folders' title text background, at the least.

I want to be able to change the exterior color of folders; the Blue is Boring!
  • Reply 32 of 72
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Originally posted by JackSYi

So you're telling me your post wasn't "snarky"?? I didn't mention headphones. But try googling: macbook kernel panics, see what you will find.

you said:

"Why don't you actually do some research before questioning me. google: macbook kernel panic headphones and see what comes up."

michaelb:

Well, to me your post sounded snarky.

There be arguments today on these here threads...! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!
  • Reply 33 of 72
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member

Yesss,, the preciousss it buzzes, it does, i tell youusss

...The rock and pool

is nice and cool...
  • Reply 34 of 72
    If I've said it once... I'll say it again... and again... until someone at Apple actually listens!

"Hey Apple! Do you want to know what would be a HUGE improvement? How about you make the OS FASTER! You know. Like it was in OS 9 for example!"

I'm so sick of these bloated OS updates... and with each major version of X the OS just seams to get slower... and slower...

Ok guys. Its stable. Now how about a performance boast already! Sure. Keep on making the computers faster! Faster to keep up with the OS that keeps getting more bloated with each seed that is.

So why was it that my beighe G3 with classic 9 runs faster than my dual 2.5ghz G5 with 10.4.6 with tripple the ram?

• Reply 35 of 72
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BEatMaKeR

I'm so sick of these bloated OS updates... and with each major version of X the OS just seams to get slower... and slower...

Run 10.1 and then 10.4 on the same hardware and say that again. o.O
  • Reply 36 of 72
    How about running the last version of 9.... then running ANY version of 10 and saying that again.

10 is beautiful yes. I love it! But its just sloooooow!
  • Reply 37 of 72
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Yeah. Complete bullshit. Puma, Jaguar and Panther all brought huge speed boosts, while at the same time introducing many new features.

Tiger is probably the first (and so far, only) major update where performance hardly changed, and perhaps in some situations even changed for the worse, mainly due to Dashboard (RAM hog) and Spotlight (I/O hog), neither of which is an essential component. With both of those turned off, Tiger is, again, faster than Panther.

And OS 9? Give me a break. OS 9 doesn't do half the things OS X does. Of course it's faster. The comparison is completely pointless.
  • Reply 38 of 72
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Was Final Cut Pro around for OS9?
  • Reply 39 of 72
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:

Was Final Cut Pro around for OS9?

Yep, in Carbon. It was later completely rewritten in Cocoa. (3.0?)
  • Reply 40 of 72
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chucker

OS 9 doesn't do half the things OS X does.

Not only that, it doesn't do half (a quarter?) of the things that OS X does *at any given moment*. OS X is doing an insane amount of work under the covers, when compared to OS9. Not wasted inefficiency, useful work.

I've been a Machead since '84, and I can't imagine going back to OS9 now. No way, no how.