Apple: PLEASE take the video off of the front page!!!!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

well, no one has mentioned this but it's not as if the commercials arent getting enough airtime. Every channel I turn to lately plays the commercials. I think the autoplay on the homepage things is pretty stupid myself.

YES...for all the reasons above and the obvious: people come to the site after seeing the ads on tv...they want and need more info, they already saw the ad, they dont need to see it again, at the point where they view the web site, they are seeking detailed info that the commercials lack
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Solution: I use filterset.g in adblock plugin for Firefox...I just took apple.com out of my whitelist, so no ads get through...w00t.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
  • Reply 24 of 27
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sprockets

75% of statistics are made up on the spot.

very well said.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Yea! It's gone!
  • Reply 26 of 27
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    Thankfully that's over with.

I've come to expect more from Apple, esp. with their portrayal as beeing all "savvy" and "cool". This is the sort of stunt you'd expect from an awful myspace page.

Then again, maybe myspace putzes are their target demographic for these ads. I found them irritatingly condescending, even though I wouldn't part with my mac for my life.

It's like when midi background music embedded on webpages was cool for all of what, six months in the late 90's?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    WOOOHOOOOO...common sence and sandards still rule the day at Apple; either that or Steve just got the bandwidth bill!