I have had enough. I am selling my macbook.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmartin4665 View Post

Did this individual remove the ShieldZone and still find a stain? I installed ShieldZone on my white Intel MacBook and needed to send it in for service. I removed the ShieldZone per the company website and found that it had absorbed all the apparent oils from my skin . . . the MacBook wasn't stained, only the ShieldZone.

Like you, I put an Invisible Shield on my Macbook (Core Duo, almost a year old) and I found that the Shield absorbed all the oils and was very discoloured but the Macbook itself is still white. Guess I got lucky when I purchased mine as I have never had a single issue with my Macbook.
  • Reply 22 of 36
    londorlondor Posts: 258member
    Guys, this is from when the first MBs were released and it has not been a problem since.

I do not know why pmartin4665 brought to life a thread that had been dead for 14 months.
  • Reply 23 of 36
    Actually I'm glad I stumbled across this thread as I've been wondering why I have all these blue discolorations on my macbook case and even the function/arrow keys.

To those of you who had this problem, you mentioned having the top cover replaced - Is this something they can do in the store or do I have to send the computer through the mail? (I do have apple care but have never had to use it). I would like to get this fixed but I'm wondering what to expect.
  • Reply 24 of 36
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    i find the magic eraser by mr. clean works amazingly well at cleaning the white plastic parts of my iBook. I think I even used it on the touch pad (but never the screen, of course!)
  • Reply 25 of 36
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Londor View Post

Guys, this is from when the first MBs were released and it has not been a problem since.

I do not know why pmartin4665 brought to life a thread that had been dead for 14 months.

Yeah. And the dude has one post. I think he's just a spammer for this product.

And HELLO people - you can stop replying to the 2006 post now.
  • Reply 26 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by progmac View Post

i find the magic eraser by mr. clean works amazingly well at cleaning the white plastic parts of my iBook. I think I even used it on the touch pad (but never the screen, of course!)

Magic Eraser is the best! Uh-oh... first there was a thread for foodies, now there's gonna be one for clean freaks!
  • Reply 27 of 36
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    You could always tuck your cock between your legs and become a woman?
  • Reply 28 of 36
    Why deny you of your lifelong dream?
  • Reply 29 of 36
    reganregan Posts: 474member
    Get over it!

Why do people freak out by alittle discoloration? Like its not suppose to age at all? Little things like that don't bother me. Its too anal.

I say, if you love mac...and you are getting work done on it, that should be enuff right?

Anyway...just venting. :-)
  • Reply 30 of 36
    You're venting at a post over a year old. Wake up.
  • Reply 31 of 36
    I didn't know it was a year old post. It was right at the top of the forum threads.

Besides...what does it matter? lol.

A comment is a comment.

Can't a guy comment on a post?

I don't even have a dog in this race. :-)

But when I do get a macbook, it'll be the black one anyway. So I won't have to worry about any discoloration issues. I will take care of it, but I ain't gonna freak out if there are oily spots, or small scratches. Shite happens. :-)
  • Reply 32 of 36
    I just bought a brand new 128k Mac that came with MacPaint and heard that Apple is now coming out with a 512k version of the same computer and a new graphics program called MacDraw.

Will I be able to upgrade my 128k Mac to the Fat Mac, and will MacDraw be backwards compatible?

TIA!!!
  • Reply 33 of 36
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

I didn't know it was a year old post. It was right at the top of the forum threads.

Besides...what does it matter? lol.

That's the thing, when I read a thread, I don't really pay attention to the dates, and I guess others don't either.

Sometimes it seems to be too much to ask for a person to read the whole thread before commenting, it seems that people aren't embarrassed to find out that a given post has already been addressed three times already, or learn from it.
  • Reply 34 of 36
    Yeah....but thats expecting perfection.

Actually what I mind more are people like you who get angry at someone for posting a question. Why get upset? Why berate them for not looking up something? For all YOU know, they did.

nuff said. :-)
  • Reply 35 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by web2.doh View Post

Actually I'm glad I stumbled across this thread as I've been wondering why I have all these blue discolorations on my macbook case and even the function/arrow keys.

To those of you who had this problem, you mentioned having the top cover replaced - Is this something they can do in the store or do I have to send the computer through the mail? (I do have apple care but have never had to use it). I would like to get this fixed but I'm wondering what to expect.

Phew! I thought the blue discoloration on my keyboard was due to my son using a sharpie on my MacBook when I wasn't looking. Good to know it's not the marker. Bad to know it's part of the discoloration problems people were having (especially now that my MacBook is out of warranty). Now if the rest of the case would discolor to blue then it'd be perfect. I could have the only naturally all blue MacBooks.
  • Reply 36 of 36
    my macbook started to discolor two weeks in... i went to my local apple store and they replaced it in a day... no charge they even put a new clear film over the wrist area =) YAY apple