2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Getting off track here dudes
  • Reply 22 of 29
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BenRoethig

Apple could release something that looks like a 1990s Dell and still sell it to you guys. Apple's product line has nothing to do with business sense and everything to do with what Steve Jobs thinks a computer should be. ...

To tell you the truth, as long as it ran OS X well, I'd be fine, but that's beside the point. Your objective is to prove that Apple doesn't care about traditional, business logic in order to make it seem like the world would be a better place if Apple made the kind of computer that appeals most to you. And you're doing it entirely a priori, which is probably not the best approach in this case since I don't think you know anything about business practices.

Seriously, what more sensible: that Steve Jobs rules with an iron fist, refusing to explore profitable and lucrative sectors because of a personal grudge, or that the company has reviewed that scenario, and projected revenues are low? Steve Jobs is the CEO, but he's not the only one responsible for Apple's business policy or even their roadmap. They are a publically owned corporation with a board of directors, and they're not going to pass on anything that has great market potential.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Do NOT buy an alienware. If you're after a gaming rig and don't want to build it yourself get a machine from www.rockdirect.com

If you're after a self build then look at the following link

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/06/12..._uk/page2.html

For the price it's worth building one of those now rather than waiting for a Pro Mac.

Fair play it takes a bit of fiddling but how cheap do you want it?
  • Reply 24 of 29
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AndrewLondon

Do NOT buy an alienware. If you're after a gaming rig and don't want to build it yourself get a machine from www.rockdirect.com

If you're after a self build then look at the following link

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/06/12..._uk/page2.html

For the price it's worth building one of those now rather than waiting for a Pro Mac.

Fair play it takes a bit of fiddling but how cheap do you want it?

Considering the poster is from the Commonwealth of Kentucky, they'd probably be pretty expensive, espically with customs fees and the supertax called the VAT. He also looks like he wants a desktop and this rock direct company only seems to sell desktops.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    I meant to post http://www.xworksinteractive.com/

But they're UK based as well so there goes that one.

Personally, i'd build my own gaming rig like the one in the tomshardware.com link i posted.

Mucho cheaper than an alienware and from what i've read/heard just as good.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    We have a similar company called cyberpower
  • Reply 27 of 29
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Yeah, I've heard great things about Cyberpower. I second the motion for not purchasing from Alienware. It's like paying Apple prices for something that doesn't have an Apple logo on it, absolutely scandalous!
  • Reply 28 of 29
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    If money is not an object, go with Falcon Northwest.

If money is an object and you want absolutely the best parts, build one yourself.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Oh yeah... Forgot to mention that im building this myself Nothing is better then making a PC and hearing the starting noise except for walking into an apple store, saying "I'll have two Powermacs and one iMac thanks" and walking out of the store.