Briefly: iTunes 6.0.5, QuickTime 7.1.2, more

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Over the last few days, Apple has released maintenance updates to its iTunes digital jukebox software, QuickTime media software, iPod firmware and 17-inch MacBook Pro firmware.

iTunes 6.0.5

iTunes 6.0.5 (19.8MB) allows you to sync your Nike + iPod workout data to nikeplus.com, where you can easily track your progress, set training goals, challenge others, and much more.

Users can visit the Nike Sport Music area on the iTunes Music Store to download workout mixes, Athlete Inspiration playlists, Nike podcasts, and more.

iPod Updater 2006-06-28

iPod Updater 2006-06-28 (41.8MB via Software Update) offers bug fixes along with support for Nike+iPod.

The update includes the iPod Software 1.1.2 for iPod, iPod Software 1.2 for iPod nano, and iPod Software 1.1.4 for iPod shuffle. For all other iPod models, iPod Updater 2006-06-28 contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2006-03-23.

iPod Software 1.1.2 for iPod offers bug fixes, while iPod Software 1.2 for iPod nano includes Nike + iPod support (when used in conjunction with iTunes 6.05) and bug fixes, and iPod Software 1.1.4 for iPod shuffle adds a volume limit as well as bug fixes.

iTunes 6.0.5 or later is required to set a maximum volume limit for iPod shuffle.

QuickTime 7.1.2

QuickTime 7.1.2 (49.1MB) addresses an issue previewing iDVD projects. This update is recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.

MacBook Pro 17-inch SMC Firmware Update

MacBook Pro 17-inch SMC Firmware Update (1MB) adjusts fan behavior in the MacBook Pro 17-inch.

The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder and will launch automatically after restart.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    porchlandporchland Posts: 478member
    Unless I'm missing it, there's no link from the front page of iTMS to the Nike Music Store.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Hopefully this fixes the volume issue when synching your iPod while in full screen visualizer mode. Doing this turns the system volume down to about half its previous volume, but the volume slider doesn't move. The only way to get it back to full volume is a reboot.

G4 Cube 450 MHz. (Duh!)

Tiger 10.4.6
  • Reply 3 of 12
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Porchland,

What are you talking about????

• Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cubert

Porchland,

What are you talking about????

The Nike stuff -- playlists, videos, etc. -- that was supposed to be available with 6.0.5. I don't see a link to it from the front on iTMS.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Open Quicktime and what do you see?

• Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Porchland

The Nike stuff -- playlists, videos, etc. -- that was supposed to be available with 6.0.5. I don't see a link to it from the front on iTMS.

Now it's there.

Also, unless it was there before and I didn't notice, there's now a toggle at the bottom of the page to turn off Just for You. Finally.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Porchland

there's now a toggle at the bottom of the page to turn off Just for You. Finally.

Where have you been the last 8 months?
  • Reply 8 of 12
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ireland

Where have you been the last 8 months?

Wasn't that there right away?
  • Reply 9 of 12
    zedraczedrac Posts: 42member
    I hope this fixes the bug on my iPod where the volume resets whenever it goes to sleep. Quite annoying when I have it on quiet, then next time I turn it on it's back at 50%.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I wonder if it's possible to load the nano nike firm firmware onto the video one?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zedrac

I hope this fixes the bug on my iPod where the volume resets whenever it goes to sleep. Quite annoying when I have it on quiet, then next time I turn it on it's back at 50%.

That would probably be an iPod firmware issue. iTunes doesn't control that sort of thing, all it does is manage what tracks are on the iPod.

One thing you might try is an older version of iPod updater, such as the one on the CD included in the iPod package, to see if it is the newest firmware that's causing the problem.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Do you think the 17 inch MacBook Pro firmware is to fix some of the heat issues?