wait a second..... black macbook

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dansgil

Why is everyone so concerned about the fact that the cables & remote are white? Personally, I like the contrast. I think the reason that the accessories are white is for simplicity. Apple doesn't want to have to make 2 versions of each accessory.

I would think for the premium, matching components would be the order of the day but that didn't happen. The original U2 iPod was like that too, I don't know if the newest version is any different.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    slugheadslughead Posts: 1,169member
    Oh lord no, not a white remote!

Seriously, the remote's the size of a stick of gum.. if it were black, wouldn't you lose it?

I'm not an apologist, I just don't see the point
  • Reply 23 of 26
    dave k.dave k. Posts: 1,306member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

People are dying in Darfur and you choose to bitch about this shit.

And you are posting comments in a premium-priced computer platform forum?? What is your point?
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

Apple is going to release the "Black Power" edition which will have a black power supply and cord in addition to the black MacBook itself.

Only an additional $50 for the MacBook Black Power Edition.

And through September 1, there will be the "Black To School Special" wherein every Black Power Edition MacBook will include a black iPod nano.

Seriously though, this goes under "useless speculation of the year" in my books. They have the upgraded MacBooks and they have had them, but the cables are the same. Post these things under the speculation topics because you have no proof.

As for the color issue: I was upset at first that my BlackBook didn't have the same colored adapter, but after about 3 days of using it, I never noticed again. I also don't use the remote. In my opinion the screen is 13.3" and if you're too lazy to do the situp to change something, you don't deserve the privelage of ownership. Mine has never left the box.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave K.

And you are posting comments in a premium-priced computer platform forum?? What is your point?

It's a common Slashdot technique.

*Argument about some miniscule detail*

*HAY GUYS CURRENT EVENTS AIN'T LOOKIN' SO GOOD, BUT YOU DECIDE TO DISCUSS MINISCULE DETAIL GOOD JOB*

*fuck you*
  • Reply 26 of 26
    skatmanskatman Posts: 609member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

People are dying in Darfur and you choose to bitch about this shit.

Good. Less people, more air!

What does this have to do with this thread?