Apple's Nike+iPod Sport Kit to drop this week

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by JohnnyKrz

Johnnys have great ideas, Johnny Mozzarella.

I like the iHealth idea a lot better than Nike+. They could sell the different sensors/meters seperately or as a package. That way, you could choose if you just want, for example, a blood sugar meter. Then maybe you want a heart monitor. I could also see ther being a scale, but you could just enter your weight from another scale. The app could proccess charts and reports based on as much information as provided to give you an overall picture of your physical health.

If a consumer technology company like Apple did something like this, it could actually be affordable because they are selling to consumers instead of ripping off insurance companies. Not to mention that Apple is the only one who would make it work right. It could be huge for athletes as well as people who are overweight or have medical conditions that they need to keep track of at home. But really, the beauty is that if people had constant access to this kind of information about their health, it could lead to a much healthier nation (this one needs it the most).

As for the Nike+ thing... eh. It's a start, I guess.

Also, agreed about the the Nike shoes. There will be some way to make it work with others, I hope.

iLife...iWork...iHealth

Apple could give the iHealth app away for FREE.

You can enter your data manually or buy an iHealth device which enters it automatically.

Many people would probably try it and like it then realize how much easier it would be if your scale talked to your computer.

I agree that having access to this kind of information will be a powerful motivator to help people get healthy. This county is in sad shape and it is getting worse as our population ages and gets fatter.

If Steve/Apple got behind something like this it could dramatically improve the lives of millions of people.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    tkntkn Posts: 224member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TKN

Yeah, but not a body scale!!!!!! It is not like they are hard to use now. Cool image though.

Okay, I withdraw that statement, I would love a scale that could speak to my iPod and check in my weight and body-fat composition to the iPod so I could track that as well.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    wlauwlau Posts: 5member
    Just wondering if anyone in Canada has one of these? Contemplating going down to Seattle and picking one up. Canada has yet to sell them yet (even from Apple's canadian site). Would there be any regional lock as far as synchronizing it against Nike's site?
  • Reply 24 of 24
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    I'm from canada too. Our site (apple.ca) advertises it, so it can't be too far away.